Need 275/55R20 recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
2014 Silverado Crew Cab 4x4

Currently looking at Goodyear Eagle LS2, Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza and BFGoodrich Long Trail T/A Tour.

Would prefer a tire less than $150ish per tire not including mounting/balancing. I currently have the OEM Eagle LS2 tires on it and have been happy with them but certain wet pavement sections can be fun accelerating from a dead stop. I have not experienced snow with them yet. So far I have been happy with them. Reviews seem to be all over the map for all three tires. I had Alenzas on my 2009 FX4 and I liked them but they seem to have increased in price substantially in the past year or so.

Any input?

04SE
I've been running the Michelin LTX/MS, LTX/MS2, and now the Defender for 20 yrs. They grip very well,have a quiet ride and last 80-100k+ miles. Take advantage of the Discount Tire sales, use their Credit Card, sell the take offs on Craigslist and you'll be close to $150 per tire. Good luck!

Originally Posted By: Crusher
04SE
I've been running the Michelin LTX/MS, LTX/MS2, and now the Defender for 20 yrs. They grip very well,have a quiet ride and last 80-100k+ miles. Take advantage of the Discount Tire sales, use their Credit Card, sell the take offs on Craigslist and you'll be close to $150 per tire. Good luck!

WIN. Although have only had mine running these tires for 13 years.

Originally Posted By: Kuato
04SE

Same here. Love the LTX/MS on my 02 Silverado and had the Defenders on our 2011 Acadia until we traded it.

Same old story from me. The stock 275/55/20s are 11X31.8" and 265/60/20s are 10.5X33s in the deep tread offerings like Toyo open country CTs. The stock 20s from 2500s are Goodyear SRAs, load range 121 and tread depth 16/32 to the wear bars, for 18/32 total.
Inflated dimension is 10.5 x 32.6", we run those @ 38 PSI and they last over 70k miles on 1500s. Canadian Tire puts them on sale 6x a year for $189 or about $145 USD. I've bought 12 at that price so far.

Do you plan on using the same tires year-round? Or will you be using a dedicated set of winter tires?

For only one tire year-round, get the Nokian WRG3. Simpletire has them for $157/tire

That said, the Long Trail TA is a popular tire in that segment, and the General Grabber HTS60 is also a good value

Originally Posted By: UG_Passat
the Goodyear Eagle LS2 are junk tires for passenger cars. Why are you using a passenger car tire on a light truck?

Ummm, because they are OEM and came on the truck when I bought it?

Originally Posted By: tnt31
I have no experience with these tires but Walmart has Cooper Discoverer HT Plus for $124.32 with Free Shipping or Free Pickup.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Cooper-Discoverer-H-T-Plus-117T-Tire-275-55R20/47406242

DTD has for $126 with free shipping plus $30 rebate on a set of four if you use their credit card. Free Shipping.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct...d=20&cs=275

DTD also has the Cooper Discoverer SRX for $142 with the same $30 rebate using their card plus a $70 Cooper rebate. Free Shipping

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct...d=20&cs=275

Originally Posted By: 04SE
Originally Posted By: UG_Passat
the Goodyear Eagle LS2 are junk tires for passenger cars. Why are you using a passenger car tire on a light truck?

Ummm, because they are OEM and came on the truck when I bought it?

I had those as well for OEM before, for highway they are fine. Snow can be a bit tricky, the Michelin would be an upgrade and handle all season better though.

Originally Posted By: Rat407
Originally Posted By: Kuato
04SE

Same here. Love the LTX/MS on my 02 Silverado and had the Defenders on our 2011 Acadia until we traded it.

Have you put this many miles on the tires? OR-and you saying in theory they last that long?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back