Cell Phone privacy stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Typical mainstream media, always missing the mark. Yes, your phone tracks your location. How about all the inane apps that people install, thinking they are "free", when they really exist to sell your location and browsing data? How about the fact that the NSA keeps records of your browsing history? How about the fact that your ISP is allowed to sell your browsing history to the highest bidder?

Stay off the Internet and don't use credit cards if you concerned about privacy. If you STILL do these two things I don't want to hear about retail establishments selling your data they get from your "club cards".

I've disabled my cell phone location features, except for if I ever call 911 on it then it will give my location. Google can go pound sand when it wants my location.

Originally Posted By: CKN
Stay off the Internet and don't use credit cards if you concerned about privacy. If you STILL do these two things I don't want to hear about retail establishments selling your data they get from your "club cards".
Yeah, lets just take this offensive behavior lying down and say ok. May your chains rest lightly upon your shoulders.

Originally Posted By: Al
Big deal. Go to Somolia if you are worried about pricacy.

I'll go to Somalia if I want to deal with piracy.
Our Constitution in the US guarantees us a level of privacy that I do not take for granted. Enablers with your attitude as expressed above allow us to become slaves.

Originally Posted By: L_Sludger

Our Constitution in the US guarantees us a level of privacy that I do not take for granted. Enablers with your attitude as expressed above allow us to become slaves.

But privacy from whom?

I suspect, but I'm not a constitutional scholar, that any constitutional guarantees of privacy are from government.

I don't think the constitution protects you from Google, or your telco, or your ISP, or any other website from collecting information about your visits to their websites or networks.

Now it is a constitutional question about what and how those entities may be compelled to give that information to law enforcement or other government agencies.

But it's unlikely the constitution prohibits them from collecting info about your visits or usage of their products and services.

But again, I'm not a constitutional expert, so this is merely my impression.

Entering into a consensual contract with a cell phone provider or internet service is light years from slavery. Your constitution does not mean your government or some other authority is going to protect you from your own machinations within a free market. You need to take care of yourself; and if you don't like how companies monetize data about you, do not consent to avail that data to them.

Sounds like you fear information sharing agree to it by contracting that entities services...you enslaved your self..don't blame me. The Constitution doesn't cover you there. How is Somolia looking now to you?

Last edited:

Really? I mean REALLY? Is you bunker dug yet?

Guys, I just wanted to express my strong opinion on privacy and how important it is, and that incrementally allowing it to go away is against the spirit of our nations founding. I don't want to argue any further so that's my last post in this thread, because there's a low bar set for threads to get locked up. Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back