Dye in oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you aware of any motorcycle oil that contains a tint / dye which would allow easier viewing when checking oil level on the dipstick.

Best way to tint oil is to not change oil and filter in the same interval. Or use HDEO, starts out plenty dark from the bottle.

Motul 5000 is green,7100 is red and from what i have read 300v is also green. Castrol is red.

I was running the white bottle of Dino Rotella 15-40. I was changing it about every 20 hours. Maybe I need to go back to that. It is for a quad that is used on the sand dunes. Paddles put a pretty good load on the engine.

Originally Posted By: Enigma
Are you aware of any motorcycle oil that contains a tint / dye which would allow easier viewing when checking oil level on the dipstick.

Check the oil cold ... that helps make it easier to see the level on the dipstick.

I have never owned a bike that used a dipstick.

Motul 300v has a nice antifreeze green color is very sticky and would show up well on one though.

Motul 300v

When viewing it through the sight glass it looks like you have a nasty coolant leak.

SwQbT5j.jpg

Originally Posted By: NormanBuntz
How about some of that Brad Penn green stuff?

I run straight 40 wt. brad penn racing in my quad but it does not have a wet clutch. I like it for my race engine. On penns website I see they have some motorcycle oil I may try for my wife's 400 with a wet clutch.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back