DURAMAX DO500, 6,000 miles cut open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good evening BITOG folks. This filter and whatever the quick lube put in was off a friends 08' F-150 pickup with 4.6 engine with almost 130,xxx mikes on it. Put some Synpower 5w30 as I have a bunch of it and a FRAM Tough Guard 10575 after seeing Linctex 15k c&p

Enjoy the photos

Looks like the typical Chinese built tank-like (but probably low efficiency) construction, similar to Rural King, etc. We need to send some Purolator people over there to learn how to make a decent filter!

Didn't you post on how you were done with TG's????
Of course its your prerogative.
I dumped them myself because the Ultra is priced too cheaply to bother with them
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
I dumped them myself because the Ultra is priced too cheaply to bother with them
smile.gif

I may use a Tough Guard again, ULTRAS are nice too.

Friend brought the filter, not other way around
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: car51
Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
smile.gif

I may use a Tough Guard again, ULTRAS are nice too.

Friend brought the filter, not other way around
wink.gif

I got my eye on you buddy!!!!

Even at the $4.50 clearance price, the Tough Guards are flying off the shelf at local walmart.

I don't think i'm going to be seeing any at the $2.50 range later on....

Originally Posted By: E150GT
awww. I thought we were gonna see a diesel filter all high and black with soot.
grin.gif

I have a few friends with diesels
wink.gif

Minus the different paint, looks exactly like whomever is make the Ecogard filters is making these. Solid construction.

Originally Posted By: Hootbro
Minus the different paint, looks exactly like whomever is make the Ecogard filters is making these. Solid construction.

Add Prime Guard, Premium Guard, Parts Plus and the new(er) Federated oil filter to that list. Look like they could come out of the same factory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back