Lubrication Engineers - Monolec Gear Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone ever use Lubrication Engineers / Monolec Syn - All Climate Gear Lubricant 9919 (75W-90). Just wondering how it holds up in manual transmissions and differentials. Looking at the PDS information sheets it has some good numbers for low temp pour point (-60F), flash point (414F), 100 deg viscosity of 16 and 40 degree viscosity of 115. It also meets a lot of performance requirements.

I worked at a plant that used nothing but LE oil, from 75w90 to 150,220 & 460 gear oils, they out performed anything we put up against them. We had gearboxes last 7 years with the same oil, verified and monitored with o a .

Originally Posted By: Bambam
I worked at a plant that used nothing but LE oil, from 75w90 to 150,220 & 460 gear oils, they out performed anything we put up against them. We had gearboxes last 7 years with the same oil, verified and monitored with o a .

KV@40*C of LE is always higher , without fail, than competitor's of similar automotive grade.

Holy smoke, they are proud of their product.
Is there a tangible benefit to the investment vs. a commonly available gear oil changed at a regular interval in a HD truck?

Anyone from NA having whining differential noise using LE GL5 gear oils of OEM recommended viscosity grade ?

Originally Posted By: xtell
Anyone ever use Lubrication Engineers / Monolec Syn - All Climate Gear Lubricant 9919 (75W-90). Just wondering how it holds up in manual transmissions and differentials. Looking at the PDS information sheets it has some good numbers for low temp pour point (-60F), flash point (414F), 100 deg viscosity of 16 and 40 degree viscosity of 115. It also meets a lot of performance requirements.

What transmissions? HD over-the-road using MT1 rated lubricants?

MolaKule

I would be using the noted gear oil in the differentials, transfer cases and manual transmissions of my GM work trucks (light and medium duty) which are used for construction jobs and snow plowing. I found a distributor that lives near me and he said he would give me a good deal on pails of Monolec gear oil. I know that NAPA, Auto Zone, etc. carry good brands of gear oils but I like to use "heavy duty" gear oils that are certified / approved to meet Spicer, Rockwell, Mack, etc. specifications. I just got it into my head that these "heavy duty" gear oils are somehow better than the over the counter gear oils. Anyhow, would you guys consider the Monolec gear oil to be comparable to your choices of top of the line 75w-90 Synthetic gear oils?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back