Baby moons for Camry steelies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wabbout a set of chrome trim rings and baby moons or 48 Ford dishes? Just because it is a soul-less appliance doesn't mean I can't have fun with it. The trim rings are no trouble, but snap on baby moons? Would clips have to be sourced? What's next? A continental kit and a foxtail on a whip antenna? The I-4 has 50 more HP than the last flathead V8
grin2.gif

The rims would be very expensive to have custom made, because of the deep negative offset (backspacing) needed.

It wouldn't look right with the baby moon out past the edge of the rim. Less offset means the whole wheel and tire exits the fender lip. Yuck.

I guess I wasn't clear. I want center caps like a '65 VW that were held on by spring steel clips riveted onto the spaces between the lug nuts

He wants hub caps like this on the factory Camry steel wheels..

1959-volkswagen-super-beetle-1300-white-wall-tire-and-hub-cap-dydphm.jpg

If the lug pattern is 5X4.5, and the thread of the studs is the same as a Ranger, you could use these, but obviously they say Ford on them and I doubt everything will match up as far as sizing...
mv2nOYS0oG9KwJKu7WusIeQ.jpg

Plus you'd probably have to change some/all of the lug nuts since the caps lock on to a lip on the lug nuts.

The pattern should be 5x114.3 (=4.5) with tons of options going way back in time. I like the Chrysler Town & Country gold honeycomb rims, but to each their own.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back