Propel HPR diesel fuel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a search and didn't find anything. Any of you individuals that live in California have diesels and get a chance to run this fuel? Sounds like a high quality diesel with 75 cetane. I wish it was over here on the east coast.

One individual on the Cruze forum runs it in his old Mercedes and said it runs great and doesn't smoke like it would with regular diesel.

I feel that is the major problem with our fuels, they suck. Put out a quality fuel and you wouldn't need all this emission [censored] on the vehicles, well at least not as much now to take care of the poor quality puts out now.

Just wondering if anyone has ran it in their diesels.

Here is the link. Propel HPR

75 Cetane?

Most diesels have a maximum CN of 50-60 and using diesel with a higher vslue than that offers no additional improvement.

Do you know if your application indicates an upper limit?

I suppose a diesel engine that operates at a very high RPM could benefit from something higher but I am just guessing.

Why do you want such a high CN? What do you think you will gain?

A "renewable" that doesn't contain BioDiesel?

That is starting to make me think of an article I read...maybe it was this Propel.

I think it was produced from animal fats.

I've run it in my old IDI Turbo a few times.

It is a very dry fuel (low lubricity), so I supplemented with tcw3 to protect the injection pump.

Ran ok with it, although my truck seemed to prefer the old B20 fuel, ran quieter and smoother.

Originally Posted By: Seventh
I've run it in my old IDI Turbo a few times.

It is a very dry fuel (low lubricity), so I supplemented with tcw3 to protect the injection pump.

Ran ok with it, although my truck seemed to prefer the old B20 fuel, ran quieter and smoother.

Its interesting but this animal fat diesel used to be considered BioDiesel but this company above is doing all it can to distance itself from a BioD label.

Personally, I like anywhere from B5-B20 for my fuels for lubricity and for cleaning power. This Propel HPR is not considered to be good at either.
It does burn very clean though for folks wanting to wear a small carbon footprint shoe.

Originally Posted By: ArcticDriver

Personally, I like anywhere from B5-B20 for my fuels for lubricity and for cleaning power. This Propel HPR is not considered to be good at either.

All diesel around here is either B5 or B15.

I wonder how all these different fuels all blend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back