Ceiling fan bracket question?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I am in a bit awkward situation, recently picked up a used Hunter Ceiling fan (Model # 20750) in excellent condition. It never came with any ceiling bracket or a mounting/hanging plate.

Currently, I have a harbor breeze ceiling fan installed, which I am planning to replace with Hunter. I can reuse the U shaped bracket, but challenge is on that bracket Hunter fan canopy is hitting the ceiling first and holes for canopy screws are not aligned/lining up.

What should I do in this situation? Any tips or suggestions are most welcomed.

So in a nutshell, can any bracket be used with this hunter fan or no?

Thanks everyone.

When I changed from an Emerson to a Hunter, I had to change the bracket. You should be able to buy a new Hunter bracket at Home Depot.

Originally Posted By: Leo99
When I changed from an Emerson to a Hunter, I had to change the bracket. You should be able to buy a new Hunter bracket at Home Depot.

Thanks, is there a way I can find out the actual specs of the original bracket as per model #?

Originally Posted By: maverickfhs
Originally Posted By: Leo99

Thanks, is there a way I can find out the actual specs of the original bracket as per model #?

Something like this for the 52" Stratford:

http://www.hunterfan.com/SupportDocuments/PartsGuides/98000-01-001.pdf

And if you search the P/M provided:

http://www.ereplacementparts.com/hanger-bracket-assembly-p-1823050.html

Thanks very much Arctic driver
smile.gif

So now I need to find out where are they going to sell these parts, because I called Hunter and they no longer have it. It shows up as discontinued on the above website too.

Do I need these 2 : 74090-02-000 and 74135-01-000? Or something else?

Thanks

Now this video shows a different type of ceiling mounting bracket.

But it is a more general application for Hunter 2xxxx model munbers:

https://youtu.be/xJNImabSWxs

I would go to a lighting/ceiling fan retailer and see what they might have in the way of extra parts laying around. A Home Depot type store won't have such parts but a more local ma & pa type retailer probably will have an odd assortment.

Well atleast this is one possibility...someone here will maybe have more specific advice.

Do you have a Habitat for Humanity ReStore in your area?

Ours has every ceiling fan component you could possibly want!

Yeah, we do have in our area. But how do I know part which I am seeing there is going to work with my fan?

Originally Posted By: Linctex
Do you have a Habitat for Humanity ReStore in your area?

Ours has every ceiling fan component you could possibly want!

Fascinating.

I have never seen one.

Do they sell new "old stock" parts?

Originally Posted By: maverickfhs
Yeah, we do have in our area. But how do I know part which I am seeing there is going to work with my fan?

I would take the motor part of my fan with me (blades removed) and see which mounting brackets are of the right dimensional heighth to allow a flush fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back