2012 Town & Country, 3.6L P06DA Code

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our T&C flipped this code on and it seems to be a pretty obscure one.

P06DA- DUAL STAGE OIL PUMP CIRCUIT

What I've learned is this engine has a two stage oil pump with a solenoid that switches between the high and low stages for various engine conditions. The good news is that the EVIC is still reporting sufficient oil pressure.

Anyone work for Chrysler have any insight into this one?

Seems that I'm due for an oil pump replacement which is pretty disappointing considering the car has just over 98k miles on it.

Look into the oil sending unit, they had issues with them. I'm not sure if this applies to yours but it's worth looking into. It is about a 4 hour job, the location of the oil sending unit sucks! Good luck.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Look into the oil sending unit, they had issues with them. I'm not sure if this applies to yours but it's worth looking into. It is about a 4 hour job, the location of the oil sending unit sucks! Good luck.

That was the first thing that my normal mechanic said. Looked up the procedure on AllData, yeah, I'm not doing that.

The EVIC is reading oil pressure and it does vary with RPM like you would expect. I prefer to support my local guy, but I have to wonder if I'd be better off just taking it to Chrysler.

That's a new one for the Pentastar as far as I'm aware. Not sure what's involved in an oil pump R/R on one.

Oil pump is part of the powertrain warranty of 5 years/100k miles. Any chance it's under warranty?

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Oil pump is part of the powertrain warranty of 5 years/100k miles. Any chance it's under warranty?

And, don't despair if it is just barely out of warranty. I've had Chrysler dealers do a "good will" repair out of warranty, with just a token $100 dollar charge.

Originally Posted By: JTK
That's a new one for the Pentastar as far as I'm aware. Not sure what's involved in an oil pump R/R on one.

According to AllData, it's not horrible. About 4 hours and a $70 part.

I'm pretty sure ours is up. We bought it used in May 2012 as a 2012 with 18k miles on it, but I'll be checking.

Originally Posted By: doitmyself

And, don't despair if it is just barely out of warranty. I've had Chrysler dealers do a "good will" repair out of warranty, with just a token $100 dollar charge.

I'll be ecstatic if I can do this for $100. Whenever something happens with a modern car, my mind goes right to it costing $1000. So anything less than $1000 a bonus. To see that AllData quoted this at 3.8 hours plus $70 part was a very welcome site, but we'll see.

Called the dealer. Warranty is long since expired and they didn't have any extra information. I didn't expect much since they want me to come in and spend money with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back