Which inline filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spent over 4k when I built my 46re in my dodge,sometimes I tow a little heavy. it has about 20k on the tranny with a deep pan and 2 coolers Total 16 quarts and I have done multiple drain and fills at least 4. I am going to put an inline filter on it with a 3/4-16 thread I already bought an xg8a filter but I keep reading about the Baldwin b2-hpg. I am open to other suggestions ,the first filter will only be on for about 1k miles

And when I say tow heavy I pulled 66,000 lbs 2 miles a few weeks ago, yes 66k

Although I like the Baldwin filters I don't thi k there's anything to gain over the XG8A. You're not helping anything by changing it so early though. It could easily go 15,000 miles on a transmission and it will get more efficient with time. The transmission should have far less dirt load on the filter than an engine and that filter is rated to 15,000 on an engine. Run it longer than 1,000.

Lemme tell ya, locked in 4 low, these little trucks have some torque. They will pull given the traction. I pulled a propane truck 150 yards, when it had rained heavy and he couldn't make it up the gravel road to the neighbor's house. I used my dually crew cab 4x4 Ford. Worked great.

I have read some posts where I thought guys said the initial trans filter stops up quickly.
The reason I have changed the fluid so much is bc there has been lots of visible metal, it shifts hard( shift kit) it has definitely improved, since break in

Last edited:
One XG8A wil handle EVERY SINGLE BIT of any debris the transmission might or could produce.

I will say this - - - if your transmission EVER makes or produces enough "stuff" that an XG8A needs to be changed..... it's all done for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back