Subaru 15208AA15a

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya I thought it would be clean. We normally do 6 month 3500-4000 oci. Wife is starting a new job and has training to go to 300-400 miles this week. Wanted fresh oil. Not sure what the dealer puts in. But they left the fill cover off
mad.gif
oil everywhere
mad.gif
got a free oil change coupon. Probably won't use it. They wouldn't even inspect the car last year cause I put tint on top of the windshield above the mirror and the as1 line. I put in castrol edge 0w20 in with a wix 57055.

Looks exactly like an orange PH Fram
except maybe a few extra pleats,
and the cap closest to the threaded end doesn't have notches cut around the perimeter.

We might use it might give it to my mom. (2015 legacy). Yup full synthetic 0w-20 to maintain warranty. (Put in Castrol edge 0w20). We ordered 5 gallons of milesyn sxr 0w20 for it and two cases of their SB 5w30 for our other rigs. I put a fumoto valve on it too. Thought about ordering some filters but the dealer and parts stores are less than 5 miles away. So for basically the same price I'll get them locally.

No notches on either end I might have flipped the filter when taking pictures. Wish I had taken pics of the fram ultra I cut open off my suburban. Only a 1000 miles on that filter but a lot more [censored] in the can
frown.gif
but I forgot and threw it away

OK, is it bad that I saw the the first pic again and said "that looks like a Fram date code", then got to the 3rd pic (the bypass valve) and immediately thought "that is a Fram"?

Looks great, but with the low mileage, it should.

How much is Subaru charging for their blue version of the orange can?

PS. I have that same filter cutter. Works well for the most part, but filter this size are the smallest you can cut.

Originally Posted By: blupupher
OK, is it bad that I saw the the first pic again and said "that looks like a Fram date code", then got to the 3rd pic (the bypass valve) and immediately thought "that is a Fram"?

Yep ... made by Fram.

Lol idk I'm a newb. Ya low miles lots of short trips maybe 5 miles to work comes home for lunch. So lots of cold starts and not necessarily getting up to temp. We do try to take it on a good ride every couple weeks-once a month to clean it out. I think it's around $7 at the dealer and maybe $6 for the wix. I just got the cutter and ya mine doesn't quite get small enough to cut it. Threaded rod should have been longer I used a bolt as a spacer. Thinking I'll drill a new hole and move cutting wheel over.

Probably a lot more than you can buy the orange can for at walmart

Originally Posted By: FlyNavyP3
Looks good inside. Appears to be a blue OCOD.
Blue T G ?

Originally Posted By: Linctex

I don't think the ocod has the proper bypass psi

Originally Posted By: Wick
Switch to a WIX 57055, you'll be happier and relaxed to know it won't fail

I did use a wix this this time. And installed a fumoto f108n iirc.

Originally Posted By: John_VT
Originally Posted By: Linctex

I don't think the ocod has the proper bypass psi

The Subaru-specific Fram PH9715 does have the proper bypass pressure.

Huh when I use their filter finder thing on the website it doesn't list the ph9715. I'll have to try to remember that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back