Powerstroke Pressure Washer wrong oil amount

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought a Powerstroke brand pressure washer with a Subaru EA190V engine. The oil that came with it says 10W30 14 oz bottle. The engine manual that came with this pressure washer says it takes 20oz of 10w30 oil. Why would they include a bottle that is short of the amount required by the engine manufacturer. Glad I checked this so I make sure to add enough but I imagine most people don't pay attention to the amount and just pout it in and fire it up.

Yes but I have not added the oil yet. Will check it before using. Also they say in manual not to tighten the twist on oilcap / diptick combo to check the oil level. Just push it in but do not tighten. I have always tightened mine in the past. Probably not much difference but will try both and see.

Seems normal to me. The last tractor I bought said don't use synthetic oil for at least 50 hours or so. Then it states the factory fill is FS.......
On and on....

IIRC it states somewhere in the manual that the unit is tested then oil is drained out. A small amount is still inside the engine and the 14 oz is makeup oil.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
Maybe when its brand new it takes 20oz at the factory. Then when they drain it to box it up it takes 14 because some stays in it?

Clever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back