Castrol MagnaTec

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this oil everything Castrol states it is. or is it like a snake oil with Castrol badging?
I apologize if this has been
18.gif
on the forum board, but I was seriously thinking about buying some and trying it. I know I won't be able to tell if it REALLY IS doing anything to my internal engine parts, but I guess I would have to trust Castrol at what they state about it.
21.gif

Well you can see if it makes your truck sound quieter. If it does then you can somewhat believe what they state. Many on here have reported excellent results backed by UOAs. Nice to see you back friend.

I've only used the semi-syn and the truck runs and drives soooooo smooth now. Best oil ever made.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Well you can see if it makes your truck sound quieter. If it does then you can somewhat believe what they state. Many on here have reported excellent results backed by UOAs. Nice to see you back friend.

Than You so much Sir! I am feeling A LOT better and am getting around a bit more. But I have only approached that hills peak. But, God is my answer to all of my problems.
Okay, next OCI, I think I will try it.
thumbsup2.gif
34.gif

I ran it last winter and my truck was much quieter on start up then the previous winters running other oils. There are also some stellar UOA reports running Castrol GTX Magnatec

Seems to give great UOA and many say it quiets their engines.
Also cheap at Walmart (like $18 for a 5 qt jug).

I have some that I got from the Advance Auto clearance that I will be trying soon in the Scion. It does not make any noise, so no sure what to expect (if anything).

I can also vouch for quieter cold weather starts and quieter at high RPMs in my Subaru Crosstrek.

That's right - a good product and they want more market share. Another day at the office ...

I scooped up a bunch of 5W20 from the AZ & AAP clearance sales, and as long as it's paired with a good quality filter (an XG2 on the 4.6)-it does seem to make startups quieter. I'm not familiar with the 4.2-does it have long timing chains like the Ford modular V8s?

I just bought 30qts from Amazon and I'm looking forward to giving it a try. It's crazy cheap right now if you buy in th 5qt bottles. From what I've seen here it's great oil, especially in the direction injection, turbo motors.

I use all grades of it but I buy it because it is rock solid to 10k on my vehicles.
Other than that I don't really care about the advertising.

If I wanted to use the slickest and smoothest oil that would be Total Quartz 9000 Future.
Amazing smoothness in everything I tried it in. But these days I mostly only use CM...

Good oil. I bought a bunch on clearance at AZ. I am running 0W20 in the Camry now. seems quiter.
The Escape with the Eco Boost will see 5W20 Magnatec soon.

A good oil but with silly advertising.

By "intelligent molecules" read it as "polar molecules", this produces a net dipole at the oil molecule and makes it more attractive to metal surfaces, so it tends to stay on the metal and not drain away when the engine is off. Talking at the suface microscopic level here, not at the bulk oil level.

The 10W30 semi-synthetic ran very smooth in my car.

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
I scooped up a bunch of 5W20 from the AZ & AAP clearance sales, and as long as it's paired with a good quality filter (an XG2 on the 4.6)-it does seem to make startups quieter. I'm not familiar with the 4.2-does it have long timing chains like the Ford modular V8s?

The 4.2 has a typical double roller timing chain.
Well, from all of these positive replies, it looks like my 4.2 V6 will be using Castrol Magnetec 5W30 or 10W30 next OCI, with a FU oil filter.
34.gif

I am running some from the AAP clearance in everything right now. It's been great in a 01 Cherokee, 06 Audi, and my parents 14 CRV and Silverado. A noticably smooth oil.

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter

Well, from all of these positive replies, it looks like my 4.2 V6 will be using Castrol Magnetec 5W30 or 10W30 next OCI, with a FU oil filter.
34.gif

Welcome back my friend
smile.gif

My father is using the Magnatec 5w20 in his 11' RAM truck with the HEMI. says it's quiet so far or 2,xxx in

Originally Posted By: car51
Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter

34.gif

Welcome back my friend
smile.gif

My father is using the Magnatec 5w20 in his 11' RAM truck with the HEMI. says it's quiet so far or 2,xxx in

Thank You Sir! I am taking it one day at a time.
I can't believe all of the positive replies this oil is getting. I came on here expecting to see how it's just a SNAKE OIL, but WOW, was I ever wrong!
blush.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back