2017 Suzuki SV650 ABS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got this bike on Saturday. Compared to the scooter I have been riding, it is absolute heaven. I have been giving it a more robust break in than the manual calls for, so I changed the oil out at 55 miles with conventional Valvoline 10w40 and a Fram PH6018. The used oil shimmered in the sunlight, so I felt good about getting it out of there early.

Great looking bike! I have a 1st Gen SV650, ride it every day. I changed its oil yesterday with some T6 and a FRAM filter.

Nice bike! I own a 09 SV650 myself. I believe the new ones have better throttle control at low speeds.

These are amazing bikes. Enjoy and have fun
thumbsup2.gif

If you want to get rid of that very small and expensive filter use this.
http://balestech.com/filter.htm
I have one on my C90-T and the filter I use has over three times the filter media of the stock filter.
Also you have a wet clutch(unless they changed to a dry one) so if its still a wet clutch you will see a lot of clutch particles for a few thousand miles.

ROD

SV650's are a great little bike, with a bulletproof engine. I only wish they still made the half-faired version, they looked sharp. (Not that yours doesn't!).

I just got around to cleaning the chain for the first time. The dealer had really gooped some nasty grease on there, so it took me awhile to get it off. I used the dupont chain wax, seems like really nice stuff, much cleaner than the grease the dealer used.

Nice bullet proof little bike. My 2008 Suzuki Vstrom DL1000 called for changing the oil filter every other oci IIRC. I used the Dupont silicone spray on my chain, and I got it at Lowe's. Not messy and it repels dirt. It should be mandatory that all street bikes come with ABS. Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back