Stripped adjuster

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my adjusters is stripped. it's the soft plastic the steel screw rides in to pull the headlight left and right. here you can see a picture of it. I can move the projector up just a bit with my hand and then it will start to move but peters out before moving very far.

Any ideas on how to fix this so the threads grip again?

Trav - you saved me from embarking on a long product search.
Product searches are like crossword puzzles for people like me.
crazy2.gif

Bookmark that site, I buy a lot from them and keep a decent stock of common metric bolts, nuts, washers and clips here so I don't need to start chasing them.

I looked through all them and did not see exactly what I have. These are projector headlight assemblies. I guess I'll have to take it apart to see just exactly what the piece looks like.
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: Trav
The dealer will have it for a few bucks.
I would guess they would tell me I need a whole new headlight.

It cost nothing to ask. If not remove it and go to an autobody supply store. Sometimes you need to get inventive and tap something like a plastic license plate bolt insert for threads or find one for another make or model and dremel it to work.

After calling Hyundai and sending them pictures they say I would need a new headlight for $989 list price.

I bought 4 of them, 2 per headlight. First time I ever opened up a headlight. Looks like the chrome is pealing on the reflector in the projector too.

The old Audi's reflective paint inside turned to powder, which wasn't good. On the positive side, the headlights I got back in the day from Shokan Coachworks in NY to replace them were flawlessly aimed.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back