Best replacement headlight bulbs - Honda Fit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

Quick post for my sister.

She's actually stumped me with this one and I'm wondering about a reliable bulb for her headlights.

Possibly something a bit cleaner that won't burn out prematurely.

Thanks! She'll be keeping an eye on this post.

Ryan

i vote standard oem bulb.

unfortunately you need to treat regular halogen bulbs like wiperblades.

dont overthink or overspend. Just replace them more frequently as they dim.

the bulbs that promise more light all burn out quickly like in a year or two.

Originally Posted By: raytseng

I agree and I think the majority of anything that would be considered a direct plug n' play upgrade would also have a commensurately shorter life.

fyi for what its worth, my comment is based on a 2009 honda fit where i replaced 2 intervals over 3 years with pricey extremevision bulbs installed with gloves before becoming frustrated with their low life.

Last edited:
Avoid Sylvania's aftermarket replacement bulbs. They may be an OEM manufacturer but the standard and long life replacement bulbs you find in local box stores are garbage. The last standard Philips headlight bulb I bought was also garbage. They all had the same thing in common: made in China.

Buy bulbs where you can get your hands on the packaging and see their country of manufacture on the bulb itself. European-made Sylvania's are good.

Bosch also make good bulbs.
Father in law used to be a production manager for Sylvania (Osram in Europe), he said any of the major manufacturers had good quality for OE spec. The factory he worked at stamped a number of brand names on exactly the same bulbs.

Originally Posted By: raytseng

Id of agreed to this a year ago. Currently Id suggest an LED replacement. Much brighter than OEM, bright but not blinding to others. Was a huge upgrade for me. They also get alot less hot than halogen which means your lens covers should be less likely to get "foggy looking".
I bought a set of Yumseen brand off Amazon for 45$ and am very pleased with the quality of the product. The only minor downfall is when you have your daytime running lights on they have a slight flicker to them. I got used to it and dont find it a deal breaker. They work out to same price as nighthawk or silverstars with much better rated life and are just as bright if not brighter.

Ps. They are bright white lights and not yellowish or blue-ish.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: NGRhodes
Father in law used to be a production manager for Sylvania (Osram in Europe), he said any of the major manufacturers had good quality for OE spec. The factory he worked at stamped a number of brand names on exactly the same bulbs.

The OSRAM Silverstar 2.0 is a great headlight bulb and can be ordered through PowerBulbs for a good price.

They are similar to the US Sylvania version SilverStar Ultra.

Better light quality and intensity will be much safer but have a slightly shorter life ( allegedly) but what is more important? Changing a headlamp every 3 years is really not a big deal but hitting an animal at night is.

If you want true reliability, get Long Life bulbs, which is what factories use. They usually have LL in the part number.

Everything else on the aftermarket, better learn to change them often.

I've been through a bunch of GE Nighthawks after a blow-out Amazon sale/pricing-mistake. Not the shortest life bulb I've used, but close enough.

Originally Posted By: HangFire
If you want true reliability, get Long Life bulbs, which is what factories use. They usually have LL in the part number.

I've been through a bunch of GE Nighthawks after a blow-out Amazon sale/pricing-mistake. Not the shortest life bulb I've used, but close enough.

Factories use headlight bulbs?

Originally Posted By: ArcticDriver
Originally Posted By: HangFire

Factories use headlight bulbs?
He meant OEMs, eagle eye.

First off, what bulb does the car use?

I have found if you get the EU version of the bulbs, they are much higher quality than found on this side of the pond.

Get bulbs from powerbulbs.com. Free shipping anywhere in the world. That is where I got my OSRAM Nightbreaker Unlimited. Have had them for nearly two years, still going strong.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ArcticDriver
Originally Posted By: NGRhodes

The OSRAM Silverstar 2.0 is a great headlight bulb and can be ordered through PowerBulbs for a good price.

They are similar to the US Sylvania version SilverStar Ultra.

Better light quality and intensity will be much safer but have a slightly shorter life ( allegedly) but what is more important? Changing a headlamp every 3 years is really not a big deal but hitting an animal at night is.

The OSRAM Silverstars are not similar to the US Silverstar, as the OSRAM version does not have a light-robbing bluish tint on them, that gives the Sylvania version their look.

Yes, on Powerbulbs, great company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back