I've Entered A New Level of BITOG'ers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop me if you've heard this before...Lurked on the forum for a while, did a UOA or two and then started looking at oil and filters in the store...

But I'm still learning. I've got 9 oil changes worth of oil and only five filters...

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
I got about 150 quarts of oil, not buying more unless its a crazy clearance sale.

Perhaps you could have a crazy clearance sale?

Seems to beat plain crazy, but I can't criticise. I don't have that much oil, but OTOH I don't have anywhere to keep what I do have (though I didn't pay for most of it).

I've already hidden some of it in the jungle and will probably have to do the same with the rest sometime this weekend.

Mosquitos provide round-the-clock security, but it isn't free.

Last edited:
dang. I have 6 quarts of oil in my stash. I do have 3 oil filters with 6 more on the way that were on clearance for $1 each. Thats 9 years worth of filters for my truck, unless I start changing oil twice a year. I don't keep more than one spare usually of my mazda filters, but maybe I can strike a deal at the stealer if I buy a case.

Originally Posted By: TheKracken
I have over 200 quarts, I see it as a hobby that saves me money vs spending full price.

I used to collect beer cans for a hobby.

Originally Posted By: Donald
I only buy the oil I want. Maybe on sale but only what I want. But I am trying to get several gallons of Rotella T6 CJ4.

Hows that going?

I only have one gallon left and have resigned myself to Delvac-1 5W-40 in CJ-4.
I found a couple 5-gallon buckets.

I used to have a wicked stash of like 24 quarts about 11 years ago.
Now I'm down to maybe 15 quarts

Originally Posted By: ArcticDriver

Are you sure? It appears Mobil was dumping CK-4 stuff in CJ-4 containers, just like Shell was.

Originally Posted By: Garak

Are you sure? It appears Mobil was dumping CK-4 stuff in CJ-4 containers, just like Shell was.

Garak,

I am not sure.

I knew of the Rotella having that issue but could not find any mention of it with the Delvac-1.

Any chance there is some clue on the bucket or is an oil sample the only way to know?

Mobil was running a big $60 coupon for a 5-gallon bucket bringing price down to $60.
I thought maybe it was to clear out old CJ-4 inventory.

Dang.

As I read this, I'm down to 4 jugs and 5 quarts of oil, the lowest I have had in a while.

In no rush to get more either....

Quart bottles are inconvenient and needlessly packaging-intense. I've moved on to Ecoboxes, and have three (PP 0w-20, PP 5w-20, and PUP 5w-30) in my stash, which I'll get to after I use up the $2/qt. orphan synthetics I got at AZ last winter . . . Someone please help. 😜

Last edited:
Strange behavior.
01.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back