Sub Legacy; 7400km; Red Line 5w-30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'd say it has about three times the life used so far
smile.gif

Yeah i figured i would send it in around 7500 kms of use. It runs through two turbos so i was curious to see what 7500 looked like. Looks good i believe! Im planning on 10,000 next oci but not just because the comments section says so. Redline is awesome stuff and i am pleased with the results.

Exactly. Its most likely overkill for my application but i would rather pay to know if somethings goes wrong it wasnt because of bad oil!!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ArcticDriver
Is Redline typically so low on Mag and high on Moly ?
Yes. Typical high-Ca detergents, skipping the Mg detergents, which might be bad for LSPI. ...... High moly is not seen that often, yet some oils like Pennzoil Ultra 0w40 inject 275 ppm moly, and we've seen it high in conventional GroupII Pennzoils at times, Mazda 0w20, Schaeffers too.

Originally Posted By: mightymousetech
Seems like every Redline oil UOA I have seen has a higher than average lead. Is it hard on the engine bearings?

Look at my UOA referenced above and check out the lead. Most UOA's I've seen with Red Line are exceptionally low in lead readings. Red Line is an excellent long interval oil.

Originally Posted By: subzerospeed
Yeah i figured i would send it in around 7500 kms of use. It runs through two turbos so i was curious to see what 7500 looked like. Looks good i believe! Im planning on 10,000 next oci but not just because the comments section says so. Redline is awesome stuff and i am pleased with the results.

Twin turbos? More details please!

Its a jdm legacy. They come stock with two small IHI turbos. Decently quick for a 18 year old car

Originally Posted By: danielLD
That filter is getting loaded. Chromium is not a good sign either nor is the tin and lead levels.

Yeah wear metals are starting to show more and more. The ppm's arent too outrageous except for lead...at the end of the day this knowledge is why we do sampling for better or worse!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back