2011 Dodge Durango?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to change transmission oil, transfer case oil, and diff oil on my new to me 2011 Dodge Durango. Its 5.7l AWD Citadel variant. Trying to pick a brand. I'm leaning toward Valvoline going to use Full Syn in everything. Currently about to cross 109,000 miles by the end of the weekend and I don't know the history on it other than they replaced water pump and thermostat as well as fixing an exhaust leak (Both bolts on Cylinder 8 were broken).

Originally Posted By: HangFire
So, I see Dodge continues to have exhaust bolt issues.

You don't list if it's 4WD or AWD, but the transmission and probably the transfer case use ATF+4. Genuine ATF+4 is licensed by Chrysler and it's all the same, whether it's marked "synthetic" or not. Buy something from this list:

http://www.centerforqa.com/chrysler-brands/

Sorry it says AWD but it also has a selector switch that says 4wd Auto or Low.

Last edited:
Your transmission undoubtably takes ATF+4. I recommend sticking with a licensed ATF+4 and not some multi-vehicle ATF that claims its suitable for ATF+4 applications.

Transfer case depends on the model. If it's a Borg Warner B44-44 like my 2012 Ram 4WD, it takes a special fluid from Mopar. Only Amsoil offers an aftermarket fluid advertised for the BW44-44 TC.

Best to check the build sheet, window sticker, VIN, or crawl under and see which model TC is installed on your vehicle.

Check your OM but its likely your front differential is spec'd for 75W-90 and your rear differential is likely spec'd for 75W-140. Since your TC has a 4WD Auto option your rear differential probably isn't a limited slip variety but again a check of documents that are vehicle specific to your vehicle would be best.

Last edited:
All licensed ATF+4 on Chrysler's approval list is the same since they require a specific group III base stock and a specific Lubrizol add pack. Walmart's ST ATF+4 is licensed and thus OK to use
smile.gif

However, if you're willing to spend the money, Redline C+ is the best fluid to use where ATF+4 is called for. Although it isn't licensed due to Chrysler's childish, overly strict criteria, it is still the best to use. Red Line C+ uses the same add pack that is required for licensed ATF+4, but uses a group V ester base stock (which is why it isn't licensed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back