Fram-less at the advance zone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well wth? I went to get a couple Ultras for my 2 vehicles and only one place even had the basic filter. Ended up going wix napa gold.

Last edited:
In our AZ they look like they are owned by STP. They also removed the books so you can't even look up what STP filter fits your car even if you wanted one.
With no book, you stand in line behind the guy who wants the clerk to explain how to replace his alternator.
I find myself going there less and less and it's the closest place.

Originally Posted By: PhillyJoe
In our AZ they look like they are owned by STP. They also removed the books so you can't even look up what STP filter fits your car even if you wanted one.
With no book, you stand in line behind the guy who wants the clerk to explain how to replace his alternator.
I find myself going there less and less and it's the closest place.

I was in Florida and checked out the local AZ and it was just as you said. They hid all the books!!!

Originally Posted By: PhillyJoe

I truly, honestly resisted getting a smart phone for many years...
Now, I look up the numbers I need as I'm walking in the store.

Or, if there's a promotion - just have shipped to my house.

Well since STP filters use the Fram numbering convention it's not too hard to cross over between those 2 brands. The letters are different but numbers generally fit the same applications.

Fram has lost a LOT of retail shelf space over the last several years.

Motorking let me know Fram is planning on their own web store site, to be operational by the end of this year. No idea on how cost competitive plans are vs. Walmart.com and Amazon.

Exactly Nygotha. Fram size for my car is the 6607 and it's the same number for a STP XL oil filter. I like the STP XL filter in combination with a good oil deal. Thus I got my Valvoline Maxlife Full Synthetic as a part of the deal.

AZ is overpriced on everything, especially oil.
I don't understand how anyone would go there for oil or filters.
Wally is king.

They are overpriced because of the 25% off $100 dollar purchase deals. So everything needs to be marked up an additional 25%.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
Exactly Nygotha. Fram size for my car is the 6607 and it's the same number for a STP XL oil filter. I like the STP XL filter in combination with a good oil deal. Thus I got my Valvoline Maxlife Full Synthetic as a part of the deal.

I nabbed some Synpower 0w20 and a STP XL-3600 for the Camry son
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Nyogtha
Fram has lost a LOT of retail shelf space over the last several years.

I have noticed this too... last time I went to an Advance Auto Parts store they had zero Fram filters on the shelf. Basically most of what they had were MANN+HUMMEL products... either Purolator, or the CarQuest versions. I won't buy Purolator due to the tearing issues, so I guess I won't be buying any more oil filters from Advance any time soon.

Haven't been to an Auto Zone in a while... they still show some stock on their web site, but it seems they only carry the Extra Guard for my applications.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back