Spray Wax Which Is Safe For Trim ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Besides Lucas Slick Mist Speed Wax - are there any other spray waxes safe for trim , rubber , glass , etc. without staining ?

Nearly all of them.

My go-to is Griots Spray Wax. I have also used Turtle Wax Ice.

People here like Meguiars Ultimate Quik Wax, but I have issues with it streaking on black paint.

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
Nearly all of them.

My go-to is Griots Spray Wax. I have also used Turtle Wax Ice.

People here like Meguiars Ultimate Quik Wax, but I have issues with it streaking on black paint.

Griots is the easiest wax to use. I simply spray it on before the car is fully dry, then dry the car. Works every time. Lasts a few weeks.

EZ Detailer, is a spray can of wax, that is a far better wax. It's also rather easy to use, and does not leave a mess. Lasts for a couple of months.

Looks like you've got some good answers already. I recently started using Meguiars D156 Synthetic X-press Spray Wax with good results and it's safe for trim, glass, etc. I apply it just before drying the car after a wash.

Dub works great on my Kia and Hyundai black trim.

For longer lasting protection, you might want to try Meguiar's Paint Protect. This is a liquid treatment that is supposed to last a year.

Last edited:
Turtle Wax Ice spray wax here.
Might have to try Griots since you can use When car is still wet.
Might help with the spotting.
Don't know what's worse: my hard water or the softened.

I would not get wax on any sort of window. It won't hurt the glass, but it will smear and be messy.

Lucas Slick mist, Turtle Ice and Eagle One wash/wax can be used on black trim without turning white, as well as plastics. Been using both for several years on my cycles, car and truck. Have used Ice exclusively on the Accord...holds up for several months.
Smells good too! But not as good as Lucas! LOL

Originally Posted By: dparm
I would not get wax on any sort of window. It won't hurt the glass, but it will smear and be messy.

In the case of D156, not in the least, quite the opposite. Remember these are detail sprays with many being synthetic "wax" and/or polymer-based. Several, including D156, recommend use as a drying aid (spray on a wet car and dry). With that said, I don't purposely spray it all over my windows.

Originally Posted By: gofast182
Originally Posted By: dparm

In the case of D156, not in the least, quite the opposite. Remember these are detail sprays with many being synthetic "wax" and/or polymer-based. Several, including D156, recommend use as a drying aid (spray on a wet car and dry). With that said, I don't purposely spray it all over my windows.

I have found the same results. D156 can be used just about anywhere on the car - I have even sprayed it on my windows, and found that it acts a lot like Rain-X is SUPPOSED to work.. Rain just can't stick to the windshield with D156 on it. One caveat though, if you're going to do this: Make sure you go over it a few times with your microfiber to make sure you've removed ALL the high spots/residue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back