New easy pour design

Status
Not open for further replies.
Euro lubricant companies (LiquiMoly, Motul, Pentosin) have had a better version of it for sometime now. Literally no need for a funnel and the spout is contractable... Albeit hard to find stuff generally though. Good to see a more available product with better pouring solutions.

Last edited:
I wonder how many pages on this thread the "new spigot" will justify? Will it be as many as the Pennzoil label changes.....

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Flying_A
Euro lubricant companies (LiquiMoly, Motul, Pentosin) have had a better version of it for sometime now. Literally no need for a funnel and the spout is contractable... Albeit hard to find stuff generally though. Good to see a more available product with better pouring solutions.

Those are great bottles! First time I used them on the Expedition I was like "wow!"
thumbsup2.gif

I am happier about the sealed top vs the "easy pour" design. I have no issues with current jugs and a funnel.
Will still need a funnel even with this new jug due to distance of the pour in some engines..

Originally Posted By: WobblyElvis
How to pour oil.

What is the saying, common sense ain't that common anymore.

My some at age 8 figured out the first time I let him add oil to the engine how to pour oil. First one he did "wrong". He asked why did it make such a mess. I asked him why did he think. He looked at the bottle, saw the little picture on it (yes, there is a picture on the bottle on how to pour the oil), and figured out the air issue.

I've had more problems with oil filler locations on certain engines than the oil bottles themselves.

The filler on my mom's 2011 Fit for example is practically under the cowl, and has a plastic screen about an inch below the opening so any funnel won't sit inside the fill hole. Worst design ever. The filler on my friend's Tacoma sits at an angle, so funnels can fall out.

I've also seen quite a few newer lawn tractors where plastic shrouds are directly in the way of the fill hole.

I bought a Toyota-specific funnel to enable spill-free filling of my parent's van - there's a PCV baffle under the fill cap. It won't work on certain models *cough*Prius*cough* due to component location.

My concern is how well will the cap keep oil from spilling out - I do use my jugs to take oil back to the parts store or HAZMAT for recycling.

To avoid spills when filling the oil during a change I pour ~1+ quarts from a 5 quart jug into a paint 2 quart container I got at Home Depot then into the fill funnel. A couple of extra steps but there are no spills or mess this way to clean up.

Whimsey

That's it. I'm sold. I'm switching everything over to Valvoline because it's easy to pour.

It's been 10 weeks. I'm still waiting for the Valvotron and the $15 "lunch card" I won. Will I ever receive it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back