What happens with washer fluid in the crankcase?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Tdog02
Well, that looks like a complete tear down and re-assemble job there.

I'd power wash it like crazy, reassemble, and fill with fresh oil - then test drive it.

If all is OK, then the idiot dodged a big bullet.
If not, then rebuild.
Proper troubleshooting, that.

Originally Posted By: Tdog02
Well, that looks like a complete tear down and re-assemble job there.
Nah, flush the engine by pouring diesel through it. The pan is off, I suppose it would be worth pulling a bearing cap or 2. I bet the bearings are fine though. Next I would put the engine together and idle it for 5 minutes with a gallon of diesel in the sump. Then a 100 mile OCI with a stout oil in it.

Originally Posted By: andyd
Nah, flush the engine by pouring diesel through it. The pan is off, I suppose it would be worth pulling a bearing cap or 2. I bet the bearings are fine though. Next I would put the engine together and idle it for 5 minutes with a gallon of diesel in the sump. Then a 100 mile OCI with a stout oil in it.

Exactly. Wash with diesel and then actually run it with diesel in the sump with a couple quarts of dino for 5 minutes or so.

Hoax or not it's some wild pics.

I tried to fill the overflow tank in an old Jag with coolant, in the dark. About the time I started pouring I realized that the coolant jug was filled with waste motor oil. That was a fun little mess to clean up. Thankfully I discovered it before the coolant and oil mixed, so all I had to do was remove the overflow tank and give it a good cleaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back