Formula Shell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a search but couldn't find anything newer than 2011. Threads from then indicate it's about the same as PYB?

Menards has cases for it on sale for $22, or $1.79 a quart. I was going to get a case of 5w20 for my '15 Cherokee, as it meets MS-6395 (I only care about that for warranty reasons). Is it a good oil for a 6k-7k interval? That's about what the OLM advises (I change it at 20% life).

Thanks!

There were a few recent threads where it was discussed, they're hard to find though. It's a good oil. Here's one of the more recent ones.

https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/4447154/Searchpage/2/Main/272671/Words/demarpaint/Search/true/Re:_Home_Depot_Oil_Sale#Post4447154

Seems like its a good oil and a good buy based on old responses.

I was gonna grab a few cases too and use it on the folks who ask me to maintain their cars but don't really care about it otherwise.

Originally Posted By: ZebRuaj
Seems like its a good oil and a good buy based on old responses.

I was gonna grab a few cases too and use it on the folks who ask me to maintain their cars but don't really care about it otherwise.

Exactly what I use it for as well-got mine at HD for 1.98/qt

Like the other members have said... Formula Shell is very good oil for the price point. Run it and be happy with it.

I will be picking some up....good deal.

They had 5w20, 5w30 and 10w40 for sure. Can't recall if they had 10w30. It wasn't in the oil section either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back