5th of July wash for the Fusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it was reasonably cool last night (cool for Phoenix in July, at least - only about 90 degrees after the sun set).

Hadn't give the Fusion a proper wash in a while - mostly just waterless washes since it's just been dusty and sunny - but with the 4th of July festivities, and a recent barrage from the birds, it was time to do a proper wash.

One of the buckets developed a split, and wasn't holding water any more, so instead of a 2-bucket-method wash, I went with a Single bucket and grit guard, with plenty of pre-rinsing. No claying necessary, luckily.

This time around, it was all Eagle-One products, not intentionally, it just worked out that way.

EagleOne Nano " Wax-as-U-Wash " car wash concentrate in the bucket. LOTS of suds.. I have really grown to love this car wash product. Produces lots of suds, very slick, goes a long way, and smells great... almost like grape. Used a Microtex Platinum XL microfiber chenille wash pad. Very thick and soft pad.

Followed by a thorough spray rinse, and then dried the car with a PVA " Absorber " synthetic chamois, then hit the car with a full nose-to-tail application of EagleOne Nanowax Spray Wax, which I applied with a low-nap microfiber towel, let haze up, and then removed with a deep-nap microfiber towel.

Lastly, I scrubbed down the tires using 5:1 diluted Meguiars D101 All-Purpose Cleaner and applied a nice coat of EagleOne Tire Shine Gel which is solvent-free.

Loving the results!

o90kmh.jpg

I just have the one picture so far.

Thanks everyone!

Quote:
Looks to be in great shape for a 7 year old car with 234K.

I try. The way I see it, the better I care for the car, the longer it will last me. I did a full paint correction back in 2015, using Meguiar's M105/M205/etc.. so that got the paint back to an excellent baseline. Since then, I've worked hard to make sure that my washing/maintenance routine does not introduce new imperfections, so the finish has stayed in great shape. I also apply some form of protection almost every time I wash it.

I don't let anyone else wash my car, and it never sees any of those awful drive-thru car washes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back