washed and waxed the yaris

Status
Not open for further replies.
finally got around to spring/summer cleaning my 2007 yaris last evening. washed with Turtle Wax MAX Power Car Wash. didn't clay bar this year as the paint wasn't bad at all actually, will do it next spring. waxed with Turtle Wax Ice Liquid Wax - one of my go to favourites, it's super easy to apply, and i find the durability to be very good, lasts all summer for sure, then i'll usually wax again before winter. for the trim and tires, my new favourite product is Chemical Guys VRP... this stuff is just plain awesome and on the trim, lasts a long long time and looks great.

i cleaned and detailed the engine with Gunk Engine Brite Degreaser and Gunk Engine Protector Shine. my engine wasn't greasy but i find the degreaser does a great job of cleaning all the dust and water spots etc... rinse it off, let it dry some, then simply spray the engine with the shine. works for me.

thumbsup2.gif

that's a lot of attention to give a ten year old Yaris!
I'm surprised it doens't have more stone chips and rust, considering where you live.

Or is this your summer toy?

What's the mileage?

Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy
thumbsup2.gif

I'm surprised it doens't have more stone chips and rust, considering where you live.

What's the mileage?

year round vehicle, daily driver. 116,000 km

Looks real good. Kind of reminds me of the 05 Matrix a bit, same color. I did a detail a few weeks ago, now I'm just trying to maintain it. Which isn't easy with all the elements, bird droppings, tree sap etc...

Good to know about the trim protectant. I used some Megs Back to Black or whatever it's called. Lasted a few days. Not impressed with that.

Looks great! I've been debating washing and waxing the Camry today, but there's a good chance of rain. May have to wait a day or two.

Originally Posted By: mkskud
thumbsup2.gif

What's the mileage?

Looks great.

Has the car gotten any rust prevention treatment. Your Yaris looks extremely healthy in the body. Where I live, if a Toyota or any other Asian car, if not treated with some sort of rust prevention. It will very often have problems with rust.

year round vehicle, daily driver. 116,000 km

mkskud:

A lil off topic but looking at your driveway - is asphalt the common ingredient up there and do the cold winters cause the buckling?

Just curious...

Last edited:
Looks real good for a 10 year old daily driver, especially under the hood! My daughter has an '09 hatchback with almost 200K on it now...still runs and drives nice!

Originally Posted By: dhldmoore
mkskud:

A lil off topic but looking at your driveway - is asphalt the common ingredient up there and do the cold winters cause the buckling?

Just curious...

it's the cold winters and hot summers.

between they two extremes, nothing ages gracefully.

Originally Posted By: dhldmoore
mkskud:

Just curious...

this is a really old driveway, and likely wasn't prepped properly... i think they just poured some cheap asphalt over the original 2 strips of concrete the length of the driveway. even with cold winters and extremely hot summers here, a properly prepped base, concrete and asphalt will last and look great a long long time. it's all in the prep.

Originally Posted By: shDK
Originally Posted By: mkskud
thumbsup2.gif

What's the mileage?

Looks great.

Has the car gotten any rust prevention treatment. Your Yaris looks extremely healthy in the body. Where I live, if a Toyota or any other Asian car, if not treated with some sort of rust prevention. It will very often have problems with rust.

here in manitoba, western canada, don't see the rust issues they do in southern ontario. there, they pre treat all the roads with liquid salt. it's brutal. here, you'll just have the odd rock salting at intersections, etc when it's really icy. for the most part, all winter the roads are fairly dry as the cold dries them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back