Directions for using Vinylex and can use on tires?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello folks,

Someone recommended me Vinylex spray by Lexol a couple of years ago, bought it but never used it. I found it in my hoarding room yesterday and planning to use it now.

My question is, should you clean the surface with a damp towel or something before application or it can clean as well as protect? The directions are not very clear (to me). It does mention, apply in a circular motion for maximum cleaning and protection.
And, if one can apply on tires too. My less-than-2-years old tires (< 10,000 miles) are turning brown on the sides, not too sure if its result of the tire shine that they apply at a carwash place, but want to get rid of it, if possible. Don't mind getting tire dressing specifically but if I can use Vinylex that would be awesome.

Thanks in advance.

I've been using Lexol Vinylex since 2005. Great product, doesn't build up or yellow and actually protects against UV.

Just wash tire with your normal car wash soap of choice. I apply it using a "bug sponge". The vinylex will clean the tire and remove any residue. Just wipe it on and leave it. Looks good for a week.

You can also use it on any black trim.

Thank you @sasilverbullet.
How about the interior? Wipe down with a wet towel? My main goal is interior. Its rather dusty, not dirty.

Originally Posted By: MoneyJohn
Thank you @sasilverbullet.
How about the interior? Wipe down with a wet towel? My main goal is interior. Its rather dusty, not dirty.

You can use Vinylex on most interior surfaces. First just try wiping it down with a damp towel. If that doesn't clean it enough you can use a light application of Vinylex. Put it on, let it sit for about 10 mins then wipe it with a clean, dry towel. You don't want to use to much on the interior because as the sun bakes it, you will see a little "fogging" on the inside of the windshield.

Personally I don't use Vinlyex any more on the interior of my cars. The sun is too intense here in south Texas.

A very light coat and you should be okay.

Originally Posted By: MoneyJohn
My less-than-2-years old tires (< 10,000 miles) are turning brown on the sides, not too sure if its result of the tire shine that they apply at a carwash place,
That brown is due to the UV barrier in the rubber mix I've heard. Interesting that.

Vinylex is a fine product, smells a lot better than it used to. I cut a piece of foam block an inch or two thick off of a larger surplus piece and use it. When it wears out, I toss and cut another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back