MAS Industries Tie Rods?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my Infiniti's tie rods are shot because I was a lazy [censored] and didn't grease them enough. RockAuto has MAS Industries XL tie rods listed under the premium category. From the pictures they look pretty beefy, and are sealed, which is what I want from now on.

I emailed the company and their products are apparently made in the same Chinese factories that supply OEM parts to major car companies.

Anyone have experience with this brand?

Replaced inner and outer tie rods plus some other stuff on the front end of my Toyota pickup a couple months ago with the MAS standard stuff, and it's all been holding up. Bought it all from RockAuto, and yes it was all made in China.

Curious as to their quality as well, I just ordered ball joints for a friends 09 silverado and was looking at the MAS ones, funny thing is I ordered all Moog problem solvers with the gusher bearings and my customs forms from rockauto all said they were made in China... hopefully it holds up better than most of the Chinesium I've had the displeasure of using.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
Get Moog tie rods

I don't want to deal with greasable units again.

Originally Posted By: mclasser
Get Moog tie rods

I don't want to deal with greasable units again.

the ones on Rock Auto seem to be reboxed OEM parts. I looked up the part numbers and they seem to be made in Japan. (A lot of Moog's parts for Japanese cars are reboxed OEM and made in Japan)

If you can get them, Sankei 555 is the best, made in Japan, and probably the OE supplier.

Get Moog tie rods

A big thumbs down for Moog in my experience.

They're not what they used to be, between their [censored] boot design, lack of corrosion prevention on anything, and don't even get me started on their wheel bearings!

Moog's just a name now.

So I ended up ordering the MAS tie rods. They look to be well-made; machining is clean and the boots are plump and sit flush with the metal. Looking forward to installing these tomorrow. Will post some pics when I'm done.

Bonus: The castle nuts are 19mm, just like OEM. I hate when mfgs throw in some goofy size like 18mm.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mclasser
So I ended up ordering the MAS tie rods. They look to be well-made; machining is clean and the boots are plump and sit flush with the metal. Looking forward to installing these tomorrow. Will post some pics when I'm done.

Bonus: The castle nuts are 19mm, just like OEM. I hate when mfgs throw in some goofy size like 18mm.

Good luck! I hope they last as long as you need them to. But you should post some pics of hem before the install
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back