Canister filter surprise. Cts 3.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do those engines have a bypass in the pump/block? if so it's probably stuck. Used to happen on Ford 3.8s all the time.

Last edited:
Did you experience any issues?

GM's and non AC Delco cartridge filters never seem to go well together.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad

I'd say he experienced an issue when he took that filter out

Originally Posted By: KingCake
Originally Posted By: dlundblad

I'd say he experienced an issue when he took that filter out

And what issue would that have been? Cardiac arrest, nausea, high blood pressure, etc.?

Yuck
57.gif

Interesting to see a cartridge with metal end caps. A lot of the aftermarket cartridges like Fram and Purolator are a bit too long, so they buckle in service. I also notice it says CH8765AZ. Did you buy it at Autozone? Sometimes they are made differently for different stores, like Walmart and Autozone.

Fram does make an Ultra for this application, and it's made in the USA. But my choice would be Mahle, unless you want a wire-backed synthetic like Fram Ultra or Wix XP.

part number, end caps, COO
Fram XG8765, plastic, USA
Wix 57090, metal, Poland (Napa Gold 7090)
Wix 57090XP, plastic, Poland (Napa Platinum 47090)
Mahle OX399D, plastic, Germany

How long was your OCI? Is it what the MM dictated? What kind of oil did you use, and what did you replace it with?

Thank you for posting
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: CT8
FRAM made in China. The filter says it all.

Being made in China has nothing to do with quality. Chinese will make something to whatever level you're willing to pay for. See iPhone.

It looks like it was bound in the housing and distorted by twisting it while screwing the cap on or off, probably off. When I install mine in a 3.6 Pentastar I lube the top and bottom plastic base along with the two O-rings so it won't bind.

Originally Posted By: KingCake
Originally Posted By: CT8
FRAM made in China. The filter says it all.

Being made in China has nothing to do with quality. Chinese will make something to whatever level you're willing to pay for. See iPhone.

He only has 2 foils, the Chinese and the stupid American voter; all problems can be traced to one or both of the two.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back