NK succeeds ICBM Test for 4th of July

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like it's Game On. Been confirmed by intel svcs that they can hit Alaska with version of the tested missile. The timing is a clear middle finger at USA.

I think it's folly to hope China helps out...they may even be encouraging fat boy (secretly).
This is a mess inherited by the current administration but I don't think it will be passed on to the next one....

Yes, clearly a middle finger. I fear military action is inevitably approaching soon.
Every administration adopts [censored] from a previous one, that's water under the bridge.

Originally Posted By: rshaw125
If we did not have troops there this would not have happened. We should have pulled out 20 years ago.

Do you think South Korea would still exist if we left there in 1997?

If we did not have troops there this would not have happened. We should have pulled out 20 years ago.

So 20yrs ago would have been alright for the slaughter of all South Korea???

Remember....there are U.S. subs out there just waiting for the order. Of all the crazy bad leaders, this one needs to exit earth shortly.

Originally Posted By: pbm

I think it doesn't matter at this point. Hindsight 20/20, and all that jazz.

Hopefully cooler heads will prevail, and we don't send off this generations sons and daughters off to die in another Korean conflict. We don't properly care for the current Korean War Veterans we have, we don't need more.

All I can say is that we need Rodman now more than ever.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
How soon till they can reach California ?

They're welcome to land it in my backyard if they want to. Would solve all my problems.

paper tiger, correct.

"People in the know" report NK's greatest fear is what happened in Libya; countries strike a deal for "no nukes" and then conveniently forget the deal and overthrow the regime.

Another blowback in the making. China is in no way enthusiastic about participating in a US policy win on the world stage

The only thing the US has been successful in doing the last 17 years on the world stage is creating refugee crises and then villyfing those trying to escape them.

Last edited:
Well, lets see how long this thread lasts before the bitog moderators declare it "political" and delete it.
Yet, this is probably the one political topic everyone should be on the same side of.
Who would side with the nutjobs in N.Korea?

Keep in mind we and the Japanese have THAAD, Aegis, and now a ballistic missile defense off the coast of California.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/pentagon-conduc...ory?id=47724129

Interestingly, from what I just read, it was done on July 3, the 106th anniversary of the founding of the DPRK.

So perhaps less of a thumb at us, and more as a little hooray of their own?

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
How soon till they can reach California ?

They're welcome to land it in my backyard if they want to. Would solve all my problems.
I understand Merk, really I do !

South Korea would no longer exist simply because they would have taken over North Korea.
There would today only be Korea.
South Korea has double the population of the North and has the eleventh largest economy in the world.
North Korea has the 125th largest economy in the world.
Were a war to have happened twenty years ago, please tell me how the North wouldn't have been destroyed?
South Korea has been both babied and crippled by the presence of the US.
Were US forces not present in Korea, the South Koreans would have had to invest more money and manpower in defense.
Instead, they're free to invest these resources in cheap cars, tires, appliances and phone handsets sold in the US.
South Korea was more than able to stand up for itself twenty years ago. Too bad we didn't make it do so.

Do you realise that South Korea has 3 times the population and an economy 100 times bigger than the North. Why can't they take care of themselves. As I said the only reason we're here now is because the US is still there after 60 years.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27

South Korea would no longer exist simply because they would have taken over North Korea.
There would today only be Korea.
South Korea has double the population of the North and has the eleventh largest economy in the world.
North Korea has the 125th largest economy in the world.
Were a war to have happened twenty years ago, please tell me how the North wouldn't have been destroyed?
South Korea has been both babied and crippled by the presence of the US.
Were US forces not present in Korea, the South Koreans would have had to invest more money and manpower in defense.
Instead, they're free to invest these resources in cheap cars, tires, appliances and phone handsets sold in the US.
South Korea was more than able to stand up for itself twenty years ago. Too bad we didn't make it do so.

Yep you got it. Pity Washington did not.

Do you realise that South Korea has 3 times the population and an economy 100 times bigger than the North. Why can't they ta ke care of themselves. As I said the only reason we're here now is because the US is still there after 60 years.
Because the Stupid American taxpayers are happy to pay and pay and pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back