Fairlife milk

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's good, some of it is made in a small town northwest of Grand Rapids, MI. As mentioned on the website, it's ultra-filtered milk, a process that has been around a long time commonly used to separate whey into sweet whey and whey protein.

Originally Posted By: SVTCobra
It's good, made in a small town northwest of Grand Rapids, MI. As mentioned on the website, it's ultra-filtered milk, a process that has been around a long time commonly used to separate whey into sweet whey and whey protein.

Thanks, I'll give it a try. Cutting sugar where I can.

Last edited:
Why not just not drink milk. It is too close to soda as far as health goes.

Originally Posted By: chiefsfan1
Since I need to watch my carbs now I was looking at this product.
https://fairlife.com/
Is it good?

Currently I use 1% milk.
I tried it when it was first introduced (Meijer had it really cheap), it's good, but expensive compared to ordinary milk. I've just been replacing most milk with water, only drinking 8 oz in the morning.

The chocolate milk has splenda in it
mad.gif

FWIW, Fairlife is owned by Coca-Cola

Originally Posted By: CT8

I'm cutting back portions. Milk does have protein and vitamins where soda has none.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
mad.gif

I just looked at the chocolate milk.Good grief, No thanks. That has dextrose and maltodextrin in it.

I'm learning fast what has hidden sugars.

Thanks. I'm usually a label reader
Been giving regular and chocolate Fairlife to my six year old peanut.
Will go back to Fairlife and ovaltine mix.

Make your own yogurt instead if you're looking to get the protein without the dairy sugars.

Nothing good comes from most milk consumption, IMO.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
2% and skim milk has more carbs than whole milk.

By a very small marginal amount. Strictly due to less fat content as higher fat content will dilute everything else down.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
mad.gif

I just looked at the chocolate milk.Good grief, No thanks. That has dextrose and maltodextrin in it.

I'm learning fast what has hidden sugars.

Reduced Fat Ultra-filtered Milk, Sugar, Alkalized Cocoa, Lactase Enzyme, Dipotassium Phosphate, Salt, Acesulfame Potassium, Carrageenan, Natural And Artificial Flavors, Sucralose, Vitamin A Palmitate, Vitamin D3

Originally Posted By: CT8

I'm cutting back portions. Milk does have protein and vitamins where soda has none.

How many species of adult mammals consume milk ?

The whole gig about dairy being necessary is marketing.

Last time I looked at Fairlife all their milk is UHT: Ultra-High Temperature pasteurized.
I am not convinced that this is a good thing, the only upside is a longer shelf life.

Originally Posted By: Shannow

How many species of adult mammals consume milk ?

The whole gig about dairy being necessary is marketing.

It's our biggest export - no one is allowed to critise the dairy industry.

Originally Posted By: BearZDefect
Last time I looked at Fairlife all their milk is UHT: Ultra-High Temperature pasteurized.
I am not convinced that this is a good thing, the only upside is a longer shelf life.

Yeah, not only that, Horizon and Organic Valley are all ultra pasteurized I have discovered. What is the point of being organic when the heat kills off everything in the milk?

Now there is raw milk. ha.
I am trying out almond milk right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back