Need ideas/help with xbox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i picked up a free xbox 360 and I am trying to keep the free/dirt cheap theme going and I need all the accessories for it. Does anyone have ideas where I can pick up free/cheap Xbox 360 accessories and a power adapter. Also the xbox has a 203 watt power plug and most xbox adapters are 175, but people say you can pull out a peice of plastic in female end on the xbox to make the other adapters fit, and the other adapter will work fine, anyone had experience with that?
Thanks in advance for your help

I would look on Amazon or EBay. A local GameStop may very well have a spare set they could sell. I know it's not free but I think you lucked out enough on just the console.

If you get bored you can always take it apart and clean it. The thermal paste in those consoles is pretty poor but a fresh application can do wonders for it's longevity if the damage hasn't already been done.

The mounting bracket on them if a nightmare for most people. So unless your not extremely confident I wouldn't try. Just wish Microsoft and Sony had the curtsey to include a non used fan header for better cooling if the owner felt up to it.

I would not under any circumstance recommend tampering with a plug to make it fit. The 360 is very sensitive when it comes to power draw and voltage.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back