A/C pressure guage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at buying a gauge set. I see guages starting at $25, which obviously is the lowest quality. Are there any gauges available for under $100 that would be of a much better quality?

Thanks

All of the gauges on these are grade B (+/-3% of full scale on the first and last 25% of the range and +/- 2% of full scale in the center 50% of range). Look for the quality and length of the hoses and hardware to make your decision.

Keep in mind that a set of gauges will not make you an auto A/C expert. There are a lot of other tools needed to work on an auto A/C. If there is a leak the source needs to be identified and corrected which can mean a $200 leak detector or yellow glasses and a UV light.

To work on the system you need to evacuate the system, saving and filtering the R134a for reuse.

To verify you need to pull a vacuum for 30 min and have it hold the vacuum.

And to fill the system it's filled by weight.

Thanks for the replies, if anyone has any other brand recommendations let me know.

Robin-Air used to be the gold standard for automotive a/c equipment, I'm still using a 35+ year old R-12 RobinAir gauge set that I made conversion hoses for (R-12 on the manifold side & 134a on the other using some nice aluminum Snap-On brand disconnects. The great thing is I can still use my R-12/R-22 hoses on the same manifold.

I have a 25 & 30 year old RobinAir Vacuum Pumps that will not die.

I'm sure they have been bought out by some foreign interest by now?

My brother in law praises the harbor freight el-cheapo dual stage vacuum pumps for price and longetivity, using them in some kind of parts press operations.I have no experience with them but he likes them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back