Direct Injection Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there oils that work better with direct injection engines? My son's IS350 is the one I'm askin about.

My mother has a GS350 with the same engine. Her car gets either Valvoline Syn Power (with or without Max Life technology) depending on what I have in the stash (picked up quite a bit on AZ clearance of VSP w/MLT). Or NAPA Synthetic. We use genuine Toyota filters on her car. Toyota isn't picky about oil specs and specifies a 10k OCI use whatever you'd like and rest easy it'll last a long time.

Gebo,

I just bought a 2017 Lexus GS 350 with pretty much the same engine. I decided to use the new Mobil 1 Annual Protection as I feel its low-calcium additive package is a better fit for Direct Injection engines, as Direct Injection engines can be susceptible to Low-Speed Pre-Ignition (LSPI). Oils with high calcium levels (like the Amsoil Signature series) could aggravate LSPI. Amsoil is in the process of re-formulating its Signature Series oil for this and other reasons, but Mobil has already been taking this approach for a few years now.

D2S injection in this engine is port/DI combo. I say just drive. Have not heard lspi being an issue in the GR's, I use a Ca packed PP and so far all is well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back