uBlock Origin Diaappeared

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings All-
uBlock Origin for Edge Win 10 turned itself off ("corrupted")somehow and I cannot turn it back on or reinstall it. Swamped with ads courtesy of Microsoft.
Happened once before and was able to turn it back on. Not this time.

Deleted it and tried reinstall off the Microsoft App Store. "Get" button greyed out. Any ideas?

This happened once to me on chrome but I tend to prefer something along the lines of No Script, Privacy Badger, and a malicious advert blocker.

I'm ok with most ads as long as they are not the kind that instantly starts talking when you load the page, or block the screen.

thanks for all the advice everyone, but all I want to know is how to reinstall uBlock Origin!

Originally Posted By: willbur
Please read my post.

Once again- it will not turn on, nor will it reinstall.

Gotcha. I misread the greyed out part as the icon on your browser.

Try this: open notification from the desktop > all settings > updates security > troubleshoot > windows store apps > run the troubleshooter.

Thank you-
ran the App Troubleshooter. Found unfixable problem: "Windows Store Cache Damaged (Not Fixed)" So, I guess that's it.

Thank you-
ran the App Troubleshooter. Found unfixable problem: "Windows Store Cache Damaged (Not Fixed)" So, I guess that's it.

That one can't be unfix-able! It's a cache that damaged; and a cache should be flushable easily. I'd Google that exact verbiage and I'll bet you'll back in the race in minutes.

Did all that regarding clearing and resetting Store Cache using the WSReset app. All I get is the Windows Store opening. The app to clear and reset the Store Cache will not open so that I can fix this problem.

I struggled with W10 self-fix "feechurs" for months. As far as I can tell, every time I fixed something it would unfix it.

Finally I installed Mint 18.1.

Thank you-

Hi Wilbur,
I've been away the last few days'.

OK, you've ran the troubleshooter and reset the store to no effect. I'm guessing this is a "Creators upgrade" issue where a recovery rollback or reset might be required. Before we do that lets work the tree.

- Has your copy of windows been validated? I'm not sure if this would lock you out from downloading apps from the store but maybe it could. Goto notifications > all settings > update and security > validation

- Check your date, time and region are correct. Goto notifications > all settings > time & language

- Run a system file and repair. Type cdm in the search bar > mouse hover and right click > run as administrator > type sfc /scannow > enter.

Good luck

Last edited:
Thank you Ndfergy for your comprehensive and knowledgeable reply-

after spending some time on this;it appears the issue is not Windows Store, but uBlock Origin itself (or Microsoft).

I can download any Windows extension I want, except uBlock Origin. I liked this app because it consumed fewer resources than most ad blockers. Now, I'm using the Adguard extension. Works well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back