Current opinions of Donaldson DBL7349

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone, I've been reading around this forum for a while now and finally joined. I have a '92 dodge W250 with the 12 valve Cummins and have been running delo (cj4) and the Donaldson 7349 filter for about the past 3 oil changes.

I got the dbl because of the 99% efficiency @ 15 micron rating, and I like that Donaldson posts micron ratings and data for almost all their filters. However, reading some posts here it sounds as if this filter has no ADBV? I have sent 2 UOA's in (1st w/ Rotella & gold pure one filter) and all wear metals were below average on both analysis.

So what is everyone's opinion on the 7349 and does it have ADBV?

Thanks

I'm a journeyman semi mechanic at UPS. The same engine in your truck was used in yard shifter trucks for years to move semi trailers around the yard.
Those engines last 25K hours. The biggest issue we had on the old ones was it would typically need a head gasket and an injection pump at some point.

I am using Donaldson bdl3998 on 3 trucks with bypass filters, I will cut open a 30k filter next week

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
I'm a journeyman semi mechanic at UPS. The same engine in your truck was used in yard shifter trucks for years to move semi trailers around the yard.
Those engines last 25K hours. The biggest issue we had on the old ones was it would typically need a head gasket and an injection pump at some point.

How long do the engines that leave the yard last? 25k is impressive, but moving around a parking lot isn't really hard use.

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman

How long do the engines that leave the yard last? 25k is impressive, but moving around a parking lot isn't really hard use.
Actually is it severe.

At 50 MPH, that would be 1.25 million miles. Yard mule is tough, a lot of stop & go, accelerate/decelerate constantly-and most of the drivers don't exactly roll into the throttle, more like STOMP!

Wow a lot of responses! That makes sense about the upright filter, can oil be pulled from the filter over time after the engine is shut off and cooling? I've changed oil/seen other cummins oil changed and sometimes the filter is only about half full?

To anyone else with a 12v, how long after startup is it when your oil light goes out? Mine is 3 seconds on a cold engine in average ambient temps

My 3.4 Tacoma light goes out in about .5 seconds after startup

The amount of maint short haul\ jockey trucks that are run hard need would blow most people mind, several of our trucks run 12 -20 mile routes and do several repetitive tasks generally left for jockey trucks and we put avg of 80k a year on the trucks,on avg we spend about 17k per year per truck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back