2015 Lincoln MKC. What are your thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My parents have been getting the itch for a newer nicer car lately and while they were looking at brand new Escapes and Mazda CX-5 they came across a Lincoln MKC. It is a used off lease 2015 MKC with under 15,000 miles on the clock, 2.3L EcoBoost, AWD, Pano roof, power everything, LED lighting everywhere, 18" wheels. I was looking at the new car last night it is a very nice car, all the bells and whistles once could imagine. This MKC was $50,000 when new and the dealer wants $30,000 so at least some of the depreciation is already gone. The dealer let my parents take the car home for the weekend to drive and make sure they like it and my mom sounds like she is pretty much set on this one. I just do not know much about these at all and would like a little insight about long term reliability. I understand that the MKC is similar to the Escape and that is about all I know. The whole drive train setup is new for me and all the electronics worry me to a degree because they keep cars for a very long time.

BTW the oil cap says 5w30.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: AZjeff
They took it home for the weekend and your mom likes it, sounds like a done deal.

I agree with your statement but I do not want my parents to be buying a known problem vehicle because I will have to hear about it and fix it when it is out of warranty.

If it's a Haldax AWD setup, there's some PTU that might go like at 70k that's like a grand.

BTW, I'm originally from The Region too, lived in St. John and have family in Schererville and Crown Point!

I believe there is a required fluid and filter required that no one ever changes and this causes most of the problems

The PTU has been covered here before - they don't hold much lube and Ford is telling folks to run the fluid up to 150k - and they are hard to change oil in so several innovations online - and they have added air duct cooling to several.
However - dig a little further on another page in the OM - severe service = 30k.
Well, 30k to 150k is not a practical range - I plan to do mine at 40k - and once out of warranty? Redline? We'll see.

Last edited:
Send a PM to bdcardinal, a Ford parts man on this site. He can tell you the pros and cons of the vehicle and what parts are the biggest movers on that model.

The MKC is the Lincoln version of the Ford Edge; bigger than the Escape, smaller than the Explorer. If your parent's car came off lease from a Ford/Lincoln dealer, it should be certified and have a 6 year, 100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty (from original date of service).

Yes the MKC is about the size of the Escape. Well, mom bought it today and seems like she got a decent deal. New this MKC was $50,000 and she paid $26,500 out the door and we kept the Fusion.

Lincolns are nice and they can be a smokin' deal when purchased used, which is how I ended up with one.

As it turns out, I was wrong. The MKC is just like a Ford Escape except it's lower, longer and wider.
smile.gif

When I had an MKX my neighbor had an Edge - clear to see it was the same platform ...
(Traded MKX on Explorer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back