2GRFE '16 Highlander 3.5L V6 Oil Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking for information on Motorcraft FL-2060 & ACDelco PF2259 oil filters that fit my '16 Highlander 3.5L V6 2GRFE engine. I've not been able to locate either in a store to visually inspect. For example, construction quality & COO.

Thank you.

Get the Mahle OX414D1. It's made in Austria
smile.gif

Other good choices are the M1C-251 and the Fram Ultra XG9972. Both are US-made. The M1 cartridge has metal end caps.

The Wix XP 57047XP is made in Poland.

I had not considered the Mahle but will try to find it. Thanks. Edit: Wow, their website is horrible. Never mind I won't consider them if they make it that difficult to find the right oil filter.
Yep, looked at the Mobil 1 & saw the metal end caps & US origin. I've not been able to find a Fram Ultra XG9972 yet, but supposedly it's a really good filter & certainly a good price if it's all that it's cracked up to be.
Yep, found both Wix offerings.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: WillsYoda
The Fram Ultra XG9972 can be found online at walmart or amazon...

goo.gl/Tn2kQN

Of course. However, I want to look at the oil filter before I buy.

the XG 9972 is in stock at several Walmarts around me. Just look online and see if their are any stores around with them.
Or just order online and return it if you don't like it, although I have no idea why you would not like the Ultra.

Originally Posted By: benjamming
I had not considered the Mahle but will try to find it. Thanks. Edit: Wow, their website is horrible. Never mind I won't consider them if they make it that difficult to find the right oil filter.
Yep, looked at the Mobil 1 & saw the metal end caps & US origin. I've not been able to find a Fram Ultra XG9972 yet, but supposedly it's a really good filter & certainly a good price if it's all that it's cracked up to be.
Yep, found both Wix offerings.

eBay, Amazon, and Rock Auto
smile.gif

But if you insist on actually buying your filter at a regular store, Walmart has Fram Ultra, and Napa has the Wix filters (Gold = regular Wix, Platinum = XP)

As for Mahle, their filters are very good quality, despite the bad website. There is really no need to actually visually inspect, as long as it doesn;t arrive damaged, and the COO can be found online
smile.gif

Wally around me also have the Mobil1 on the shelf.
It is good filter although the price are high.

There is also Toyota TRD filter that looks like the Mobil1 or more like Mobil1 looks like TRD filter.
For TRD, may have to check the local Toyota near you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back