What ever happened to Kobalt twist ratchet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of things even something I cant think of. Customer warranty returns along with low sales numbers is my guess. I'm guessing it's a piece of junk being that I'm a former Honda, now UPS semi mechanic.

You mean like this one?

It had to be about 10 years ago I grabbed the twist and micro head ratchets on blow out for less than $10ea. The twist was not bad quality at all but its bulky and maybe the least ratchet I use (one twice that I can remember), it did well on the rear pass plug on a 5.4 Ford with rear heat and A\C, plenty of height but no room to swing so it did this job very well.
Lowes seems to have a habit of selling so unusual stuff, the toothless ratchet is okay quality and it does work well enough but it too is very bulky.

The micro head is another story, the thing was made by Stanley's Proto division and is a very good tool in every way. In fact it is still sold in Europe under the Stanly name where the Proto name is almost unknown. I really like this ratchet a lot and would never be without it, it gets into places nothing else will, the head is smaller than many 1/4 drive but it has the strength and drive of 3/8.
Today it is sold by Blackhawk, Mac and Proto.

https://www.stanleytools.co.uk/product/147556

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back