Home-made Hood Ornament

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy 4th of July to all.

Anybody have a home-made Hood Ornament or a nice one saved from an older vehicle ? ? ?
This is one I made years ago.
It's not used anymore so I mounted it to a base to sit in display cabinet.

I read another post about uploading Photos (stored on my PC).
For this photo, I clicked on the 5th box showing an UP ARROW (Upload inline Image(s)
Easy to do. Maybe this will help others.

Originally Posted By: Jimkobb
Looks kinda NUTTY Larry, I`m going to have BOLT right down and pick one up. :)
Hope I don't screw it up. That wouldn't be riveting

That's awesome
thumbsup2.gif

Many years ago, on my very first visit to Australia, to visit with my then girlfriend (now wife) and her family, I found a little ceramic frog figurine in a nick-knack store.

On a whim one day, I took the gum that I was chewing, and used it to stick this little frog figurine onto the front edge of the hood of the little yellow car that she shared with her mother, thus forming a makeshift froggy hood ornament. I had assumed that wind and road vibration would ultimately shake it loose. At the end of my 90-day visit to Oz, the frog was still there.

Years later, her mother reported that the frog was still firmly attached to the car. She has since sold the car, but at the time, the frog was still in place as its hood ornament.

So, if anyone near Bateman's Bay in Oz happens to see a little yellow (Mazda, I think) car putting around with a frog hood ornament, that's my handiwork.
whistle.gif

Not a hood ornament, but I recently made this from butter knives, fork, spoon, deck screws, and a spark plug.

Last edited:
When I saw the thread title I thought, with my "handle" Circuitsmith, my homemade ornament would have to include a lightning bolt.
What a pleasant surprise to see one on the OP's ornament.

Originally Posted By: Traction
Not a hood ornament, but I recently made this from butter knives, fork, spoon, deck screws, and a spark plug.

Here is a couple more I made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back