Just found E0 in Waco

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Syntheticuser
For the local guys in Waco Texas that didn't know. Murphy's off of Franklin has E0. Woooooot. GUESS the ope is getting treated to.

Yep!

It's the only place in town!

I was there at 4:00 this afternoon - maybe we ran into each other, LOL!

You'd think that Texas would have lots of E0 places, but it really doesn't. Compare it to OK which has 644 pure gas stations listed on the website, or GA with 500+.

I think TX has certain emissions laws in place that have made it tough to sell E0? I know the gas stations in the DFW area require those 'vapor capture' sleeves on the gas pumps.

I went through the list,it's definitely expensive! I wonder if the price will come down for it?

Starting to see it on the central gulf coast where there are lots of boat and ATV users ...
Know a guy with a 550 gallon tank and 3 F350's - he's not going to pay the difference - but many with 6 gallon to 40 gallon tanks do ...

Originally Posted By: Reddy45
I think TX has certain emissions laws in place that have made it tough to sell E0? I know the gas stations in the DFW area require those 'vapor capture' sleeves on the gas pumps.

It goes by county.

D-FW, Houston, Austin, San An, & El Paso all have very strict emissions testing & rules

They are putting some additional chemicals in the E0 - may have been in previous thread?

Dang..I'm jealous. Wish I could find it in Cedar Park or Burnet or even Elgin. Perhaps the new administration will lighten up on these rigid rules and tell the EPA to pound sand....

What does the EPA have to do with this? Oklahoma has E0 and some places in Texas do... The regs are either local or state....

Originally Posted By: Nukeman7
In case you were not familiar withe Puregas.org, it is a great tool for locating fuel without the evil Ethanol.

Puregas.org

I've tried twice now to add the Shell station here that started selling E0 three months ago and has not been posted. Don't get me wrong the site is better than not having one but I don't think they keep it updated.

Only place around me with E0 is a speed shop (Starting @ 98 octane, no idea on price).
I know when I go to OK City, I always get E0 there, even though it is $0.05 more/gallon. My return trip mileage for the first tank is always much better.
I do go through Waco on my way to OK City, but this looks out of the way just to get E0. Maybe the Walmart on 35 @ 340 will get it.

Originally Posted By: blupupher

I do go through Waco on my way to OK City, but this looks out of the way just to get E0. Maybe the Walmart on 35 @ 340 will get it.

That would be great!

There's a NEW Murphy's USA/mini walmart across I-35 from the Petro truck stop in Hewitt, but I haven't been there to see what fuel are offered.

Originally Posted By: Coprolite
What does the EPA have to do with this? Oklahoma has E0 and some places in Texas do... The regs are either local or state....

Not always. If you live in an EPA non-attainment area (as I do) then RGF is mandated without exception.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back