WD Mobil 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
When did this happen.............?
Maybe my counterfeit humor came true.......lol ( Just kidding of course before I'm attacked)

I used to work for the workers' comp insurance carrier that insured Warren, and visited their blending plant in central Alabama a few years ago.

As most know, they produce a variety of house-brand or off-brand blends. All met the latest SL, SM or SN (not in existence then) specs. They said their base oils are either Exxon-Mobil or Shell depending on the price they get it for, but most commonly it was Exxon-Mobil. From there, they blend in the additives their customer wants in the amounts the customer specifies.

Two takeaways...either of those base oils are just fine, not junk by any stretch. The customer may specify an average additive pack to meet a price point, but the oil meets the most current specs.

The other is to your point: they could well be blending Mobil 1 given the base oil. Maybe the pic is photo-shopped but I doubt it.

All that said, I felt a lot better using any WPP blended product...but remain a BITOG oil snob
grin.gif
PUP is my go-to but PP is next.

So you know this is from Jet.com and many Mobil products say WD in the advertising.
I don't buy M1 but stumbled on this last night-thanks

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
So you know this is from Jet.com and many Mobil products say WD in the advertising.

No, I know this from visiting a WPP blending plant personally, like the post says.

I have never visited Jet.com. Sorry to shatter your assumption.

I don't usually use Mobil products and couldn't tell you what it says in their advertising, but did misread the WD vs. WPP acronym.

You misread. all I said was this was taken from Jet.com.
First I had seen it. I didn't assume you went there or worked there.

Originally Posted By: eagle23
Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant

No, I know this from visiting a WPP blending plant personally, like the post says.

I have never visited Jet.com. Sorry to shatter your assumption.

I don't usually use Mobil products and couldn't tell you what it says in their advertising, but did misread the WD vs. WPP acronym.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back