New Char-Grill Infrared grill won't stay lit

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought it new earlier this year, and now noticed lately it will just die after I light the 2 burners. I called their customer service, and they mailed me a new regulator. I swapped it out and same thing. They are not very helpful and I am out of ideas...

Last edited:
I was thinking regulator myself. Had a grill that did the same thing pretty much yearly. It was a while back but a new regulator always fixed it.

My other guess would be the lines. Maybe they are gunked up.

Any chance you just put in a new tank? Every once in a while, I get a tank where I need to screw on the regulator super tight so that the propane flows right. Maybe try tighten it?

I've also seen on some grills where you have to have the knobs turned off before you open the tank valve. I think that usually just limits the gas flow, won't cut it off, so probably not your problem.

Good luck!

I ditched the regulator, and connceted my then new char broil infared to the gas line using a mr. patio quick connect and 12' hose kit got the grill at wallymart world for 179.99 it was a close out works awesome on the low budget it's two years old now and fading fast LOL

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: EdwardC
Any chance you just put in a new tank? Every once in a while, I get a tank where I need to screw on the regulator super tight so that the propane flows right. Maybe try tighten it?

I've also seen on some grills where you have to have the knobs turned off before you open the tank valve. I think that usually just limits the gas flow, won't cut it off, so probably not your problem.

Good luck!

There is a safety feature built into the regulator, if the grill is lacking in temp, turn off all burners and gas bottle. Turn gas bottle wide open and then turn on one burner and light. This resets the regulator, if a burner is left on when bottle is turned on regulator limits psi bc it senses a leak.....learned this the hard way lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back