Started my oil stash today...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found a sweet deal of 85 cents/qt. off one quart of the oil I put in my truck. Saw it on the shelf at a local Napa I seldom go in, asked, and the guy said it had been so long since they sold it he wasn't even sure it would ring up and said $5 even. Service SL.
smile.gif

476F09D9-7A92-4427-AFF7-F6F3C2EDF029_zpswp3sd7om.jpg

9D259289-56EB-4AA2-AEDA-0E9EEF7077B0_zpspwgxhusz.jpg

Originally Posted By: CT8
why have an oil stash?

Why have a stash of 200 quarts?????

Originally Posted By: TheKracken
Good deal, how many qts did you grab? I have over 200 quarts of oil at home....

Your going to move these upon your relocation?

Originally Posted By: CKN
Originally Posted By: TheKracken
Good deal, how many qts did you grab? I have over 200 quarts of oil at home....

Your going to move these upon your relocation?

Of course haha, I also go through a lot of oil changes per year on my personal vehicles/family vehicles since we all drive a lot.

why have an oil stash?

You buy it when is really cheap, in case its not cheap at oil change time. I once had 30 quarts of pennzoil platinum that i paid $1.00 a quart. Or you can wait till you need it and its not on sale and pay $3-10 a quart.I have about 12 jugs of valvoline synpower, that cost me a total of $100.44. If i paid $24 per jug at walmart it would be a cost of $288 or so. $188 savings, that's why you have a stash.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: spasm3
why have an oil stash?

You buy it when is really cheap, in case its not cheap at oil change time. I once had 30 quarts of pennzoil platinum that i paid $1.00 a quart. Or you can wait till you need it and its not on sale and pay $3-10 a quart.I have about 12 jugs of valvoline synpower, that cost me a total of $100.44. If i paid $24 per jug at walmart it would be a cost of $288 or so. $188 savings, that's why you have a stash.

Because this.. Saves me money in the long run.

why have an oil stash?

Where do you find synpower jugs that cheap?

Originally Posted By: E150GT
why have an oil stash?

Where do you find synpower jugs that cheap?

Originally Posted By: BigD1
About time! It's still at $24.81 for three five quart jugs. Only two left in stock. Somebody is buying it up.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Valvoline-SynPower-5W-30-Full-Synthetic-Motor-Oil-5-QT-3-pack/45514403

You missed the synpower walmart online sale. 3 jugs for $25. If was on and off for a year, walmart pulled the plug on it. 15 page thread on bitog about it. Follow the Products, Rebates, Sales, Promotions forum chapter for deals as they come up.
Current listing is for $156. I think this deal is gone for good.
https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4423568/1

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Dyusik
Just added 6qt of napa dino 10w30 to mine, can't resist at a buck a quart.

What's going on?

The pictures in the first post aren't showing....
and I checked my local Napa, they have no oil for $1 a quart

Originally Posted By: Linctex

What's going on?

Yikes - apparently photobucket changed their policy and now requires a $400/yr. subscriptions to "host 3rd party images".

Originally Posted By: Linctex
Originally Posted By: Dyusik
Just added 6qt of napa dino 10w30 to mine, can't resist at a buck a quart.

What's going on?

It was advertised on Pandora radio a few weeks ago, a one day deal. Up to 6 at a of Napa conventional with a filter purchase. Needed one for the rx anyway.

Wow!
You almost never see Schaeffer's on a shelf anywhere.
If it's API SL, then it probably has been sitting there for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back