4th Of July- Discount tire sale!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just purchased 4 tires for the Sunfire. (4) 195-75/14 Coppers S3 for $237.84. After rebates it comes down to $112.84!

So Coopers that were originally $59.46 per tire are now $28.21!

Also I have friends that have tire machines so save me some $$$$.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Yeah, they have good deals a few times every year.

Yep, I use to impluse buy tires from DTD until I realized I just wait until money is a bit easier to spend during a holiday week. I think Memorial day or Thanksgiving had the best deals last year, but every holiday had solid deals nonetheless.

The Cooper C5 Ultra Touring tires have been great on my Toyota Matrix for the last 8-9K.

So you didn't get the $60 for using the credit card? Call them up, maybe you can change it! You can apply right over the phone/ net and use it right away.

FWIW, my local brick and mortar Discount Tire store matched their online store (Discount Tire Direct) price exactly. No shipping of tires, and I got the set mounted this afternoon. With the 4th of July sale, it knocked $160.00 off the price of the set.

I picked up a set of Goodyear Ultratour at the B&M DT for my Civic this week. Total after rebates was $240. I actually thought about the Coopers, and I'm sure they're a quality tire. But, I didn't find many reviews for them. I spend a lot of time at around 75-80mph on hot Texas highways, so I went up a step. Still a great deal, IMO, for $60/tire OTD.

I'm not sure goodyear is a step up from cooper.. and I live in the land of Goodyear (Akron,OH)

Both are good tires however.

Originally Posted By: 02SE
FWIW, my local brick and mortar Discount Tire store matched their online store (Discount Tire Direct) price exactly. No shipping of tires, and I got the set mounted this afternoon. With the 4th of July sale, it knocked $160.00 off the price of the set.

I ordered my tires from DTD online, and then went to the brick and mortar DT to have them mounted. The guy who assisted me first said they would have matched the price in store as well, but I jumped on the deal as soon as I saw it.

I also couldn't resist. I just ordered a set of Vision Cross wheels for my 2016 Forester. They were $413 with the installation kit, but I supposedly qualify for $160 worth or rebates. I haven't been able to find a decent set of curb rashed wheels on CL for ~$250. My plan is to order a used set of Subaru TPMS sensors off eBay and eventually get some tires put on these wheels.

Last edited:
Bought a set of Michelin Premier's for my daughter car. $160 off. Local garage installs for $10 per. This will be the fourth set from DTD in 2 years.

Originally Posted By: Dumc87

Yep, I use to impluse buy tires from DTD until I realized I just wait until money is a bit easier to spend during a holiday week. I think Memorial day or Thanksgiving had the best deals last year, but every holiday had solid deals nonetheless.

The Cooper C5 Ultra Touring tires have been great on my Toyota Matrix for the last 8-9K.

Good to know. I'll be needing tires for my Liberty soon and was thinking of buying and holding them until late fall. I think I'll wait now for Thanksgiving or even Christmas now.

Originally Posted By: Dumc87

Makes me wonder how many tire hoarders we have on this site, or maybe just hoarders in general. Lol

I just finished putting new tires on my Toyota Corolla a couple months ago. I went to my local Discount tire because I've hear they had good pricing. They frankly didn't beat anyone's price and they didn't do alignment. They lost a customer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back