Summer leftover blend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a few oil leftovers and was wondering what do you think will happen if I mix them for a short 3k OCI. Vehicle in the signature. Here are the oils:
1qt of QuickSilver 25w40,
2qts of Gold Castrol EP 5w20,
2qts of Pennzoil Euro 0w40.

I'd use that as a summer mix with confidence. It is overall close enough to a thick-ish 10w30.

No problem here. I'd do that in a heart beat to use it up and it'll work well
smile.gif

If you mix the oils the left overs will be used up. Why do people always ask about mixing oils?

Originally Posted By: CT8
If you mix the oils the left overs will be used up. Why do people always ask about mixing oils?
Because it is possible that maybe there could be an additive clash or something similar between those oils, and I might not know about it. So to minimize such risk I ask the question here to see if anyone knows about incompatibility of these oils (if such exists) before I put it in the crankcase. That's all.

I just did some odometer math, and it's actually gonna be 2k OCI. Flush OCI I guess. Just trying to get to a round number to start going in 5k OCIs from here on out. This blend should theretically last 2k miles in warm humid climate.

Vlad for 2k miles... Let 'er rip tater chip. I think it would be just fine for a short run in the summer.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
Vlad for 2k miles... Let 'er rip tater chip. I think it would be just fine for a short run in the summer.
I hope it was a Cleetus McFarland reference. Because I'll "Do it for Dale!"

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
Just not sure about the first one...
I don't remember seeing an API rating of that 25w40, so I'm kinda on the fence too there... Will look on the bottle again once I get home.

Originally Posted By: 4WD
Merc/QS has no plastic fantastic VM - so close to real oil & just one quart ...

Yep. It's probably a 40 monograde that has passed the low temp flow tests for 25W.
It will offset the wimpy 0w40 in the mix.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back