Ost file

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, googling the phrase "ost reader tool" brings up many possible options. This one lists a converter to PST and they APPEAR to be real Microsoft reseller
http://www.ost2.com/ - but no personal experience. Whenever I try stuff, I *ALWAYS* download the proposed tool, scan for bad stuff, etc. and if I'm really careful, I'll create a restore point and have recent backups of data...
Kevin

Originally Posted By: dparm
OSTs are just a local cache of the mailbox contents. Can I ask why you need to open one of these?

Usually the reason is that somebody no longer has access to the e-mail account the OST is associated with (termination for example) and still wants to access the e-mail.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
OSTs are just a local cache of the mailbox contents. Can I ask why you need to open one of these?

Usually the reason is that somebody no longer has access to the e-mail account the OST is associated with (termination for example) and still wants to access the e-mail.

Fair point. Most organizations simply leave the mailbox up for 30 days but grant permission to the supervisor.

I'm not aware of any OST viewing tools, but some quick Googling should point you to some.

Fair point. Most organizations simply leave the mailbox up for 30 days but grant permission to the supervisor.

You are looking at the scenario from the wrong side of the fence
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

You are looking at the scenario from the wrong side of the fence
wink.gif

lol.gif

For the large bunch of Outlook PST files, You have to go for some OST to PST Recovery Tool. If you have no idea or still confuse which one to go for, then you may try EdbMails OST TO PST

Converter. The OST to PST Converter Tool exhibit some of the unmatchable features.

Some of its Features are

- Repairs Corrupted OST files
- Ultra-fast export of mails from OST to PST
- Allow Saving of OST files in different Format

For demo version visit: Free OST to PST

most software sites showing that microsoft partner thing tend to be scummy garbage sellers.
most have the same colorful cartooney looking icons that look like they were made by fisher-price.
malware may be the least of your problems.
some of my customers who brought their mess to me had to do battle with visa,mastercard,ect to get unauthorized charges refunded.
and had to cancel cards to stop the abuse for good.
the 2 posts above mine are spam.
tread carefully!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back