Help with iPhone texting please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello long time iPhone user but text infrequently.

How do I disable group texting replies so they only come to me and not show to all the others that I have texted to??

I have googled it and it says to turn off the group messaging slider, but it is already off.

I just want when someone replies to a group text for their reply to go to only me and not everyone else on the text.

Thanks!!!

I think you need to text that particular person separately as a new text. Maybe I'm wrong but I've had iPhones for years and have never seen that.

It seems like if I text ten people including you to "meet me at Pizza Hut at seven"

But when you reply to me that you can't make it because your picking your kid up from jail, then everybody on the group text gets to see that!!

How do I make all answers go only to me??

Originally Posted By: daddi
It seems like if I text ten people including you to "meet me at Pizza Hut at seven"

But when you reply to me that you can't make it because your picking your kid up from jail, then everybody on the group text gets to see that!!

How do I make all answers go only to me??

You can't "make" the recipients do anything, when they hit reply it is going back to everyone on the list unless they start a separate text to you.

It isn't like an email program where you have the option of replying to all or to the sender. But even then it would be incumbent on the recipient, not how you send out the initial text. I've never seen a method of sending BCC text messages in iOS.

Originally Posted By: KrisZ
There is no way to control how the person is going to reply to the text. If you want that type of control, you have to text all the people separately.

Thanks for the answer! I didn't know that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back