Valvoline HD CK-4, CJ-4/SN Ford Approved Spec

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought I would join in to post what I found yesterday. I'm not sure if anyone has already posted it but this Valvoline oil is CK-4 & ford spec approved WSS-M2C171-F. This is a huge national brand so thought it would be a good idea to post for easier access to the correct oil for our diesel motors. I wanted to change over to the ck-4 but ALSO wanted to make sure I meet fords specs to have the latest & greatest. This was strange b/c valvoline's own website on this oil doesn't state anywhere ck-4. I even called them & they were pretty much clueless about the new product. However, I'm still sold. just look on the upper back of the bottle where it says "Designed for American made heavy duty diesel trucks"... HA! Any questions just ask.

Valvoline 15w-40 Heavy Duty Engine Oil Product Information

Originally Posted By: beanoil
I'll be first...
VWBHDD

I have no idea what this means.

As for CK-4 meeting Ford Spec...wasn't it 5W-40 oils that were not meeting the Ford approval? The Ford list of "approved" oils is filled with 15W-40's.

Originally Posted By: ArcticDriver
I'll be first...
VWBHDD

As for CK-4 meeting Ford Spec...wasn't it 5W-40 oils that were not meeting the Ford approval? The Ford list of "approved" oils is filled with 15W-40's.

V stands for valvoline & HDD on the end stands for Heavy Duty Diesel...That's all I have LOL! I counted about 18 CK-4 rated 15w-40 brands NON of which I can get at my local walmart except for this valvoline. There are a ton that meet fords spec but only a handful that are CK-4 AND meet ford spec. I believe it was the ck-4 rated oils in the 10w-30 grade that ford was mainly griping about. I would believe any Diesel 40 weight in CK-4 not meeting ford spec would still be adequate protection.

Originally Posted By: Garak
Thanks for that. It's nice to have another approved lube out there for those who need it.

smile.gif
For sure!

I'll be first...
VWBHDD

Valvoline White Bottle Heavy Duty Diesel

Originally Posted By: SavagePatch
I'll be first...