Beck/Arnley control arm is Kia/Hyundai OEM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered some replacement rear control arms for the Sedona a few days ago. Rock auto had the Beck/Arnley for a good price for the left side, but the passenger side was oddly more expensive and shipped from a different warehouse, so shipping was more. So I got a Beck/Arnley for the left side, Dorman for the right. They look 99% identical, but the Beck/Arnley part actually has Kia and Hyundai stamped into the part, and has a sticker identifiying it as OEM; made in Korea. The Dorman, which looks identical and will work fine, was from China. Just another confirmation that a lot of Beck/Arnley and Auto7 parts are OEM for Kia and Kyundai vehicles.

Yeah, most of Beck/Arnley and Auto 7 parts are OEM Hyundai/KIA parts. I always buy Auto 7 oil filters because they're OEM. Can't beat the price either!

Sometimes Beck/Arnley makes the same part a little differently in mexico, China, the US, etc. The part they made originally for Kia might not be the same as the 5 versions of the part they make now.

Originally Posted By: WillsYoda
Sometimes Beck/Arnley makes the same part a little differently in mexico, China, the US, etc. The part they made originally for Kia might not be the same as the 5 versions of the part they make now.

The one I got was from Korea. Either way, pretty much any version of this part should be fine. The only wear item is a solid rubber bushing. Otherwise it's all stamped steel; hard to mess that up. As I mentioned, the Chinese-made Dorman part I got for the opposite side looked 99% identical. Might even use the same bushing. Both parts fit perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back